Notices

Day 3 check in

Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 check in

I went to a meeting today and I am calling my sponsor in the evenings. This is my last time getting away from day 1. I'm working tonight, grading papers, and going to be getting some reading and studying done. I am working on getting back down to the state where I feel at home. My brain still hurts today, and my depression is bad, but I am seeing my counselor tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 3 - that's wonderful Ach. Glad you're seeing your counselor tomorrow. I hope things lighten up and you begin to come out into the sunshine.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're seeing your counselor. I've always been helped by my counseling sessions. She's been a great help, not only in my sobriety, but in my life in general.

Congrats on day three.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Ach,

you should start feeling better soon. I hated the depression associated with my heavy drinking and hangovers. It's insane what we put ourselves through by picking up that drink.

All the best
caiHong
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes it gets bad, just one day drinking and I feel insane for three days. I feel so disgusted with myself. My head is scattered but I walked last night and I have a ton of grading to do. The stress of work is killing me but I have to take a nap I am so tired.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3! The first three days for me were the hardest so it only gets better from here!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Question-

And I ask this with love, why do you feel the need to keep repeating the counting process? If it was working for you, yes, I could understand doing it. But if its not, why put additional pressure on yourself to not only stay sober, but to maintain a streak at the same time? Doesn't it seem more logical, and thus easier to do away with counting process altogether and just not drink today?

Food for thought.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I want to check in here everyday. I have no real life friends and I hate my life. Sometimes I get so many mixed signals from people on this site I feel like it is more negative than positive. I am MENTALLY ILL, in addition to alcoholism. I want to be accountable on SR.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do this ach...you are in my thoughts quite often. I think this time may be the charm...
Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go on 3 days Acheleus! Please please take pride in your accomplishments! You are moving forward in a positive direction.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Maybe counting does strange things to my brain. I have been grading and trying to relax a little bit. I just want my spirit to grow again, I miss my friend who left me, she was my only friends, but I have SR, my guitar, and my books. Tomorrow I see my counselor and I will be brutal in my honesty. I just hope she does not commit me to the hospital when I tell her how often I think of suicide. I just have a sense of impending doom. Maybe I will take a walk now then finish grading.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's really important to be honest Ach - doctors can't fully help unless they know the whole story

As for counting - I reckon only drinking can get you drunk.

If you feel counting is a trigger for you, then sure, stop... but if you feel it's helping and helps keep you accountable then keep it up

D
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for not giving up on me Dee.

I know my biggest trigger is feeling worthless when I think of my ex and her family having nothing to do with me, but I have to remind myself I did not care about her because if I did I would not have verbally and emotionally abused her when drunk.

Resentments and self pity are luxuries the alcoholic can ill afford. Did Silkworth say that?
Gonna try some exercise/meditation. I feel like I have not told the counselor how bad I feel about myself. I find it difficult to look at myself in the mirror. I am sick of hating myself, I want to forgive myself and give myself fresh air and sunlight to grow in day by day.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Way to go Ach, you may not hold yourself in very high regard but when I read your posts I see a fighter who never gives up.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Keep going, Acheleus. We believe in you and are with you at every step

Your battle is harder than most, but that makes this achievement even greater.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Seems to me as if you are working hard on your sobriety, good for you, you can do this. If you are honest with your counselor and tell her everything... even if you do end up in the hospital it may just be what you need at this time.

Best wishes
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

About to see counselor. Afraid to be honest about how bad I feel.