Notices

Day 16 Check In

Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 16 Check In

Well still sober; "sit down" went well I guess .. Just added to my already blatant depression .. The fact that I have to leave my "home" and cats is killing me inside .. I haven't thought about drinking though, surprisingly .. I think cause I know it won't help & would only make matters worse .. But this reality of leaving here and all the things I love is killing me Debating on taking Ham w\ me; but won't to talk it over w\ my ex .. Not sure how his brother would take it .. But I know Ham would be Ok in an apartment w\ me b\c he seems to have taken to me very well .. As a matter of fact he is sitting in a chair next to me "talking" to me lol .. But am sober another day & so far no plans to go get drunk today so that is a good thing .. although it is in the back of my head

My hospital bracelet I was wearing to remind me not to drink broke at work so now I am thinking of Buying some kind of bracelet just to remind me .. Please excuse the ramblings but pain meds and my back spasms meds have gotten a hold of me lol I got my 5 year anneversy gift from work yesterday too which made me proud considering the longest job I have ever heald was being a drunk LOL
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey August long time no talk missed ya glad you're still sober!!!! One step at a time why is not taking the cats with you an option?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Imps right August - just take things one at a time - this move has been hanging over your head for so long it's probably better to just get it done...move on, and embrace the change.

If you can't take one or both of the cats now perhaps you will be able to later

D
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Hey August long time no talk missed ya glad you're still sober!!!! One step at a time why is not taking the cats with you an option?
I can't take both b\c she loves them as much as I do .. We got them together so they are hers as much as mine .. The little one Cheese likes to play w\ Ham allot; even though Ham is usually not into it .. and he LOVES the porch w\ is something I wouldn't have in a small apartment .. But Ham could careless about the porch and he seems to hang w\ me more then anything else .. So it just depends how she feels about it .. I think she would let me take Ham, but not sure if IO really wanted to separate the brothers and all ...
Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know you can't replace your boys... But maybe a new kitten adoption would do your heart some good. New beginnings new little guy maybe this one can be bolognie
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on day 16. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time AW. You are right that drinking will only make everything feel worse. Plenty of cats live in apartments and they adjust pretty well as long as they are occupied and busy. Hope you get something sorted out.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

aw - i know that conversation must have been difficult. congratulations on 16 days, keep up the good work. you have lots of fan support here...
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I guess I missed a little of the story, but that's ok, sounds like change is about to occur and you are COPING, Not drinking. Good for you. Be well.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello AW, Congratulations on 16 Days!! Is your move out date more imminent now than it ever has been? Has a date been set? Seems like you have been struggling with moving out for quite sometime...
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
Hello AW, Congratulations on 16 Days!! Is your move out date more imminent now than it ever has been? Has a date been set? Seems like you have been struggling with moving out for quite sometime...
No date set; still waiting on Red tape .. Which I can not file for disability until the 4th; so until then nothing can happen .. But the sit down w\ the MIL yesterday just brought back the sadness I feels and all ..