Notices

newcomer need advice

Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newcomer need advice

Hello everyone. My name is Steven ,and I am an alcoholic. I am 23 years of age and have been drinking alcoholically since age 18 .. Drugs are a part of my story but I wont get into all of that..Ive been to detox 3 times.. once was for 4 days and the second and third detox were for 20-25 days..Ive been bouncing in and out of AA for nearly 3 years , and i feel like im the only one in the halls who cant get this thing...Been very depressed lately probably due to the drinking.. have tried quitting on my own a few times and only made it 2 or 3 days tops ... starting to think admitting myself isent such a bad idea?? Also, I have a question for you guys... I live with my mother, who is also an active alcoholic... and I feel as if her and I bump heads because we have the same disease... for instance., i got out of detox-felt great- dident drink for a while, then found a nip of vodka in my hamper, and relapsed.... I am not blaming my mother, she did not put the booze to my lips, but i feel like it doesent help much.. i dont know what the hell to do.. just sick of living like this. really want to stop. not a cry for wolf, just an alcoholic who needs some help.. thanks in advance!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome Steven

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one in the rooms that feels this way, but our addictions would love you to think that

do you have a sponsor? have you discussed any of this with them?

D
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am 42 years old and drank heavily for 6 years...had gotten to about a pint of brandy a day.

Been sober 5 months today...never thought I could get here, but I did and so can you!

Best wishes on your sobriety.

I haven't done anything formal in terms of recovery, but am thinking of going to an AA meeting soon.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Welcome! I am 42 years old and drank heavily for 6 years...had gotten to about a pint of brandy a day.

Been sober 5 months today...never thought I could get here, but I did and so can you!

Best wishes on your sobriety.

I haven't done anything formal in terms of recovery, but am thinking of going to an AA meeting soon.
congrats on the 5 months! big accomplishment. I have never put together more than 3-4 months of sobriety.. And I think you should absolutely check out a meeting when you have the chance..Im sure you wont regret it
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hi and welcome Steven

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one in the rooms that feels this way, but our addictions would love you to think that

do you have a sponsor? have you discussed any of this with them?

D
No I do not have a sponsor, unfortunately.. And like I said, i bounce in and out of the halls of AA, do have a few phone numbers.. but havent called anyone lately ( past month or so )
Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll find a lot of support and ideas here Steve - going back to AA or another programme might be an more instantly achievable option than inpatient treatment - you could start again right now - and certainly cheaper.

Are you looking to move out from your current living arrangements?

D