Notices

Can't seem to shake these feelings.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't seem to shake these feelings.

Day 3 is going fine. But I keep having these sad thought they come and and when they do they hit me in the pit of my stomach. Things I did drinking, and even just drinking for so many years. years I have lost forever. I try to shake them and they just keep popping back into my head. Not thinking about drinking, just wish the thoughts would take a hike.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been sober for a coble of months the first week were a roller coaster, well it was mostly down. It will get easier, right now you should just be sober and beside that as kind to yourself as possible.

Take on the past later when you get stronger.

Do something to distract yourself, go for a walk a swim or something.

It will get better.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey river ,
i think thats why many people who get sober start to work some kind of "program" to start to deal with issues both of the past and the future .

For me getting sober was one thing , learning how to deal with living sober in freedom and enjoy it has been another . Time has been a great healer also , stick with it

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-30-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi River

I found the more good I did with my todays the less my yesterdays bothered me - give it some time

D
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The thoughts you are having will subside in time and be replaced with stronger, more frequent feelings of relief and happiness. You are on the road to recovery, river. Stay the course.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear River,

I have changed so many habits this summer: my eating, my drinking, my exercising. I felt so bad for so long, that the physical/mental bad became my new normal. So when I started feeling really good again, I realized how many years I had spent feeling bad. Nonetheless, I don't think these good days would have felt as wonderful as they do, had I not gone down the dark road. I know the contrast.

My employer's brother is dying of cancer and it is just crushing her. She is so sad, but part of the reason she is so sad, is because she comes from one of the most loving, caring, supportive, honestly close extended families I have ever seen. So, while it is awful that she has to go through this mourning, the celebration is that she has sibling love that most people will never experience.

Celebrate how much better you are doing now and will be doing in your sober future!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You might be havin' some of dem detox blues, man. Lef' me a cold basket case, I tell ya, 'bout ten day.

AWWwwhhh, I got dem detox blues . . AWWWWww down in my soul-l-l . .

Seriously though, brain chemistry is still bouncing back. I recommend ice cream and um, chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Does it help? I don't know. But ice cream!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know just how you feel. I'm on day 2 (again) and I get those dreadful feelings that make sick, thinking of things I've said or done while drinking. It sucks but it's good motivation to stay sober.