Notices

A hard month...day 1 and I did it.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A hard month...day 1 and I did it.

Hi, I joined a few weeks ago. I have attempted and got through a few nights alcohol free this month. I have seen my GP today and have a meeting with someone in a drug & alcohol services place next week, I want to do this for good and I've been really struggling after deciding (pretty much exactly September 1st)...

So I managed day 1 again and plan to keep it up, the stories and everything I read here on a daily basis is really helpful. I hope to detox and feel better in the future. I hope I get to the point where I am too damn scared to pick up any alcohol again?!!! So thanks again & I'm glad this is my plan. I need to do this and begin to look after myself (& stop punishing myself for things done to me by others in my past that weren't in my control!!)

Old 09-30-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Well done going to your Doctor and also arranging for the counselling next week
Sounds like you're doing all the right things, to give yourself the best possible chance.
Oh and welcome to SR
Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're off to a good start. Good for you for taking action.
I was scared of the first drink for years, but that never stopped me. I'm glad you are, though, and I hope it stays that way. That first drink is the one that starts the ball rolling. Just don't take it and you'll be better in no time.

Good for you, and keep at it.