Notices

I really need help

Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
BSober1

Welcome Sophrosyne...I wish I had any answers, but I am only a few days sober and searching too...I am looking into nutrition too to help me stay sober (on top of detox, counseling and SR).
Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No half measures

Originally Posted by sophrosyne View Post
All,

I saw a few responses around AA and HFA. Please just note that I identified with everyone in AA and that was the only reason I stopped the last time, but I just found it hard to sustain in later part of recovery once I was weeks into it as I did not feel connected. HFA while no different then any other alcoholic, many homeless I now identify with is still a different individual in terms of life experiences. Given it is such a mental disease, I think a lot is not known about the nature of our predicament.

I will keep you all posted.
If you stick around AA for very long you will find that some of the bums were HFA who lost it all and never got it back. I know tons people who make six figures and more. I know tons of people who make minimum wage. I don't care what they do but I do care about how they stay sober. Alcoholism is the great equalizer.