Notices

An Introduction

Old 09-29-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Introduction

hi everyone~

i have been on this site before under a different user name. i decided to change it for a couple reasons... 1) because i was so embarrassed i kept relapsing while using my old one, and 2) i thought it might be symbolic of this fresh start.

my story is pretty typical. on the surface i have my life in order. i have a stable job, good friends, graduated from an elite university, enjoy going out and partying on the weekends but maintain a relatively sober life during the week.

the problem is, when i do go out, i ALWAYS drink more than the other people i am with. i ALWAYS get drunk. i can NEVER stop after 1-2. i have done reckless and dangerous things and i have failed at several attempts over the course of the last 5+ years to quit.

today is my day one. i went out last night for a bachelorette party and i didn't do anything TOO outrageous, but i just don't like the person i become in general when i drink. i am loud, attention-seeking, flirtatious, and sometimes dangerous. in addition, i have been having some pretty severe anxiety today. this is not unheard of for me, but it seems especially bad this time and i am just so sick of it.

thanks for listening and supporting my latest effort. i look forward to getting to know some of you and starting on this path toward self-reflection and self-imporvement.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome WoW!! Glad you found us!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back

do you have a plan to do things differently this time?

D
Old 09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Workingonwishes! It's great you've chosen to come back and give this another shot. We know you can do it.

That was me too - drinking would turn me into someone I didn't even recognize. I'd do out-of-character things and invite danger into my life without ever intending to. I also didn't know when to stop once it was in my system. There was never 'just one'. In the end it was easier to stop all together, since I had no control. It felt strange for a while, but it is so wonderful to be free. I don't miss the uncertainty and craziness. Glad you are back.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks! D- i want to start by reading and posting here more. i also want to journal so i can remember the reasons i am quitting in moments of weakness.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family once again. I'm glad you're giving it another go.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome (back) to SR