SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back to day 1... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/309082-back-day-1-a.html)

CrimsonKing 09-29-2013 01:06 PM

Back to day 1...

my own fault... I have to want it bad enough. And I do.

Let's rock this.

Anna 09-29-2013 01:12 PM

Yes, motivation is the key.

lorelei 09-29-2013 01:13 PM

Fight for it CK x

HeadLump 09-29-2013 01:21 PM

A new life is waiting, CK. It's yours for the taking - if you're ready xx

Ghostlight1 09-29-2013 01:41 PM

I had many days ones. It took going through withdrwal and all that goes along with it to finaly make me quit.
What works for me, is thinking of that first drink and where it'll lead me.
If I don't have the first one, I can't get drunk.
It's been working for me for two years nine months. So it can be done. I wanted it bad enough. You can do it, too.

Best to you.

Dee74 09-29-2013 01:56 PM

can you think of things you might do differently this time CK?
things you might add to your recovery plan?

D

CrimsonKing 09-30-2013 10:20 AM

I talk myself out of my problem. I wake up in the morning feeling great that second day. I want it. Then by the time night comes I come up with excuses to why today is different. Problem is I do that every day :) "Oh, well I had to take this work home", "Oh, i have this list of chores to do", "Oh, I'm just so stressed". i constantly find exceptions and reasons to reward myself.

time to effing man up.

RobbyRobot 09-30-2013 10:29 AM

What real-life consequences does your returning to drinking create? It becomes more difficult to live without drinking when we don't know what we're giving up to have that next drink? Does drinking really screw things up for you, or is it that you just feel rotten after drinking?

In any case, quitting is very doable!

:)

Nuudawn 09-30-2013 10:42 AM

Nice to see you back CK. IMHFO, this is not just a matter of willpower and self discipline (as a recovering drunk I got none). I had to make a plan of attack for when "cravings' hit. I needed tools in my toolbox. I needed things to do in place of drinking. I needed to start listening to my wisdom over my addiction (ya know the good angel on the shoulder rather than the hungry/thirsty goblin on the other who looks like Charlie Sheen : )

doggonecarl 09-30-2013 10:46 AM

We've all had mishaps in our recoveries, and for many different reasons. One of my problems was seeing my decision to quit through more than a day or two. Finally I realized that the decision to quit is not a recovery plan. It's just a decision and an easy one to talk myself out of. Recovery is a change of lifestyle, change of mindset, and a process of implementing a way to see that decision to quit into long-term sobriety.

In other words, you need a plan.

soberclover 09-30-2013 11:14 AM

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

The above finally made sense to me :)