Notices

Want to leave drug addict

Old 09-29-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello skyesea, right now I am out of town, I will be returning today. My plan is to set things in order. The house is his but I have to get some of the bills out of my name. My plan is to pack up this week and leave on Friday, since that is my day off work. This sight has really helped me. This week is going to be really tough. I can't even cry about it anymore I just feel numb. I now know he is just using me. Friday he called me and asked me for 20 to put in his bank account, that was the first time I said no. He hasn't called me since then.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Remember there is always someone on the forum 24/7 - you're not alone with this
I would hate you to think that this is your fault - it's his addiction that's the 3rd person in your relationship, but you DO deserve better than to be treated this way.
I am really happy that you are going to be moving on with your life x x
Old 09-29-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ugh just got home. Was told that I should b helping him. Before that I was taking laundry out of washer and was told "what the **** are you doing touching my ****" then he went on to say he needed changes in his life ands über it's me. It hurts and makes me cry but this will make it easier
Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's probably because you didn't give him the money. ((Hugs))
Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattiepie View Post
Hello skyesea, right now I am out of town, I will be returning today. My plan is to set things in order. The house is his but I have to get some of the bills out of my name. My plan is to pack up this week and leave on Friday, since that is my day off work. This sight has really helped me. This week is going to be really tough. I can't even cry about it anymore I just feel numb. I now know he is just using me. Friday he called me and asked me for 20 to put in his bank account, that was the first time I said no. He hasn't called me since then.
Dear Nattiepie,

You are going to feel sooooo free when you can look in your rear view mirror and watch a losing battle fade into the distance.
your life will be yours, and I bet you that any guilt will evaporate quickly, as your self esteem comes back.
you know, it will make you just as sick as they are, to live that way. sick in another way,,, like feeling guilty to say no to a request for money used in a very harmful, dangerous way.

the recommendation of the book "Codependent No More" is a great one. Melodie Beatty is the author. It is a freeing book and will help you to prepare for a healthy relationship when you are ready.

all the best to you. be strong!
chicory
Old 09-29-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi chicory, thanks for responding . I think he doesn't realize I really am leaving. I'm doing it for both of us. I do have that book. I never knew what co dependent wad until I sW a the therapist 3 years ago.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Nattiepie View Post
Ugh just got home. Was told that I should b helping him. Before that I was taking laundry out of washer and was told "what the **** are you doing touching my ****" then he went on to say he needed changes in his life ands über it's me. It hurts and makes me cry but this will make it easier
There are worse things in life than being alone.