Notices

Today is day 2

Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is day 2

This place is already helping...I almost had a drink at lunch today but I thought about how much I wanted to be able to post saying that today is day 2. My boss and a few of my coworkers all had some wine and kind of urged me to do the same, but I resisted. I'm not quite sure what to say in these kinds of situations...I don't want to tell the people I work with that I'm an alcoholic, but I'm not sure how to explain the sudden stop of alcohol consumption. I'm feeling a lot better today than yesterday, though and I'm feeling strong. Thank you, lovely SR community
Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a lovely post and WELL DONE for resisting!
There are a million excuses you can come up with, recently I was 'lucky' enough to have
a dental abscess, but it was a perfect excuse to say no.
Others I've used are the classic ' anti-biotics ', got to drive later, just getting over flu and feel yukky enough without booze etc etc.
I sometimes think we worry and over-analyse saying no - if my friend said 'I just don't fancy a drink right now', I wouldn't think anything of it
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am going to a dinner tonight at day 5, I am not going to drink and blame it on my driving and having promised to work out with some friends in the morning tomorrow. I donīt think people are going to react at all, at all parties/dinners I go to, there is always a few not drinking and I never give it much thought.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One other thing I've noticed, is that once your friends have had a couple of drinks, they tend to not notice/forget you're not drinking
Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for resisting. Just tell your coworkers that you're on a health kick.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Well done, smiles.

Originally Posted by least View Post
Just tell your coworkers that you're on a health kick.
^^ And this I find is the easiest way out of people bothering you to use something you don't want to. I've never yet met anyone who doesn't get that and leave it alone.

Day 3 only a few short hours away
Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi, so glad you got through that very tempting time, and that SR helped. I bet you feel good about yourself now. I told people I was on the wagon for a year, almost no-one asked why but if they did I said drinking was becoming too much of a habit. Lots of people relate to that.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job for not drinking, I myself am very grateful to be an Alcoholic because of the fact that I know I am in a very select group of people who learn to finally live, enjoy, and deal with life on a level that promotes such personal growth its amazing. Keep up the good choices!!
Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by cheebiechi View Post
Good job for not drinking, I myself am very grateful to be an Alcoholic because of the fact that I know I am in a very select group of people who learn to finally live, enjoy, and deal with life on a level that promotes such personal growth its amazing. Keep up the good choices!!
And you said in your welcome thread you were anxious to post. Yet you clearly have some wisdom to spread around so do please keep spreading it.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its great that you didn't drink. Glad you are feeling better and feeling stronger. Well done on day 2.