Notices

Alcoholic husband is pushing me right out the door

Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gfs123 View Post
But how do you get them to realize that drinking to the point of being drunk every day is not normal/good and is hurting others ? I know if I called my husband up right now, and said we need to talk. Blah blah blah. He would tell me that he runs a huge company. He's doing all this for me. How can I be against him. Etc etc. then he would say Fine. If that's how you feel Ill do what you want. And he would make me miserable for that one day that he came home instead of going to a bar. The next day he'd be right back to the way it normally is for us. He's out, impressing the girls and being a big shot with the guys in the bar. He did have a bad episode about a yr ago. He got really drunk and one of his friends tried to drive him home but he wouldn't allow it. The friend followed him home and when he got out of his truck he actually fell out and hit his head on the driveway. The friend tried to help but was shoved away and locked out of my house by him. ( I was out at the time with my daughter). The friend called me to come home which I did. The whole side of his face was road rash, not to mention he was physically sick for two days after. I was actually happy at the time because I thought ok, this will stop him. Nope! Only stopped him for about 4 days.
I know exactly what your saying! You would think it would sink in but it doesn't. It's a terrible disease that hurts so many people but you sound like your on the right path. Keep up the faith, you'll be surprised at yourself.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Speaking from experience, when you reach your breaking point, you will know it. Then you will do everything in your power to get away from him and move on with your life.