Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

*ring ring* weekend thread 27th 28th & 29th sept 2013, come share with us

Notices

*ring ring* weekend thread 27th 28th & 29th sept 2013, come share with us

Old 09-28-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Cascademn Feeling a little sick / green at the moment as have been eating ice-cream all day. Oh well, better than alcohol
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

saturday morning in CA. absolutely beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky with light santa ana breezes, out for an early morning run, to watch the sun rise again over the mountains, in all it's glory...breathtaking.

man, being sober doesn't suck. hope everyone is having a good sober weekend.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

9 am in CA and it's a really beautiful day. Lucky the fall weather is turning out to be so nice. Thanks for all the great posts and I'm looking forward to a sober weekend as well! Happy Saturday!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

just been out for another 5 hour call ..

Bought some lamb chops on the way home for dinner ..

Might do some music later ... am waiting for my apple micro fire wire to fire wire converter tho' so i can use my high quality sound card , i can twang and warble over my music then .. i have an 8 chanel mixing desk / recorder but having to transport files from it to the DAW and it slows down the flow of work and i loose track of myself ...

bestwishes, m
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
just been out for another 5 hour call ..

Might do some music later ... am waiting for my apple micro fire wire to fire wire converter tho' so i can use my high quality sound card , i can twang and warble over my music then .. i have an 8 chanel mixing desk / recorder but having to transport files from it to the DAW and it slows down the flow of work and i loose track of myself ...

bestwishes, m
And....in English, that is???
Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Went for dinner and drinks (non alcoholic in my case )last night.
Taking it easy tonight. Bought a new cd player to my stereo today, the old one has been broken for over a year but I needed to sober up to notice. So I might listen to some old cd's tonight
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
Good Morning Weekenders,
It's drizzly here this morning. Slept until 9:30 which is a rarity for me, but man it felt good! Kind of mixed bag today. Was going to mow the yard today, but the rain says "no". Oh, well! lol. Helping XW look at houses again this afternoon. Oy, and then maybe a little work.

Tides, you've reminded me that I have to get my shopping done too. BTW, your avatar picture is absolutely fascinating. What is it?
Cas
Well.... it's a screenshot from the movie Vanilla Sky. There is a scene in the movie where the main character - who had to wear a mask because of an injury - drank way too much and passed out on the pavement - losing his mask in the process. I don't want to spoil the plot, but the point where he wakes up the next day, alone, is pretty important. I actually debated whether it was appropriate to use, whether it was too depressing, etc. But even though I never had an incident like that (passing out on the pavement, or fortunately, ever losing everything), the symbolism strikes me on multiple levels. So I went with it.

Not that I'm a film critic, but it's a pretty intense movie. From what I have read, viewers loved/were affected by it or couldn't standit/thought it was awful

Sounds like you have a good plan to make up for the curveball thrown to you by the weather. I know I just *hate it* when I can't mow. Kidding.

Hope y'all are having a good weekend!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
saturday morning in CA. absolutely beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky with light santa ana breezes, out for an early morning run, to watch the sun rise again over the mountains, in all it's glory...breathtaking.
No one ever waxes rhapsodic about the breezes or views from Philadelphia. I'm officially jealous. :P
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey peeps! Happy sober Saturday 2 evry1. Mine is going ok so far. Wlked dog, got grocery shppn done, ready 2 hit the tmill for 3 miles. Its a beautiful day here, sunny and jst warm enuff. Grandkids will be gone for day later on, so that will help keep my stress levels in check. Hoping evry1 is holding in there. Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Love this idea! I had a tinge of a bad night last night...panic mode because I always drink on the last night of the work week. I downloaded the big book for my kindle and read some of the stories. Scared me right out of wanting a drink!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Been torturing myself all day thinking about (aka trying to talk myself into) having a drink or two at a party I'm going to tonight. It's a Breaking Bad themed party and my friend makes a BB themed drink that I love. I think I've finally managed to talk myself down though and am ok with my drink being soda water only. It'll still be the same thing (blue, with rock candy in it, etc) and I won't make a fool of myself and let myself down by drinking it. My alcoholic memory is only showing me the times that I did have one or two drinks and stopped but it's neglecting to remind me of how even though I only had two I spent the entire rest of the night thinking about nothing but alcohol and plotting my next night to have three or four.

Happy sober Saturday! looking forward to a hangover-free Sunday.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Tides, I did see that movie and, yes, it was really intense. I thought it was fantastic. I remember the drunk scene and him waking up on the pavement now.

Joshly, a Breaking Bad theme party is a brilliant idea. Walter is the ultimate anti-hero. Maybe have an escape plan for tonight if things get too intense? A wise person on here, Wakko, I think also warns of aftershocks from being around drinking. Meaning a couple of days later it could hit you. Ugh, that has happened to me.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Saturday is a killer for me no craving as of yet which is good just got to get the rest of the day in
Old 09-29-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Happy sober sunday everyone ,
Only 15 and a 1/2 hours to go here before monday , so lets all just try and savour the time and not let some craving spoil what should be a relaxed day .

I hope you're all still with us , anyone whos taken a tumble off their sober bike , get back up get back on , the only time we loose is when we throw the bike in the hedge give up and lay in the road drinking , you can and will ride the sober bike to freedom

*ring ring* the first is a bell of mindfullness to calling out to you are alive what are you doing ? the second is the freedom bell calling out to you .

Coffee time for me now, good morning to you, m
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning all Slept for 11 hours - can't believe it. Just waiting for an egg to boil and glad to enjoy them again. I always used those as 'hangover food' before (and could never taste them anyway, in that state with the cardboard tongue)
Great to wake up sober and hangover free x x
Old 09-29-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning,
I slept 10 hours and feel good. Visiting my parents today. Great weather too, will go for a long walk soon.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ring ring!

Freedom bells all the way around!

Found a great flat... 3 bedrooms and a fireplace! No where near a bar! Signed the lease and move away in two weeks. Time to pack and shed my skin.

Hope everyone is with us... As M said.

Driving home in dense fog.. So will take longer till the sun comes up.

K
Old 09-29-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Wow Ken ,

big changes for you ... Keep your eye on the goal , be tenacious

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-29-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

M .... I will.... You and all of my good friends on SR have been with me this whole ride so far. I will be right here... Execute the plan.

The new place is great. Lots of room and a great kitchen to cook up weekend meals to share with my weekenders!

K
Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning from Philly (home of breezes no one wants to consider and views which don't match those of California):

Great thread. It's nice to have a place to check in over the weekend. For this Sunday, we're going to have lunch with my mother-in-law (who is in assisted living), then a walk with my son, then I'm making turkey posole while (hopefully) keeping an eye on the Eagles while (hopefully) they shock the world and beat the Denver Broncos.

Have a great and sober Sunday....