Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Newbie

Hello
It makes interesting reading in SR.I have been viewing the chat rooms etc and its sop hard to see people struggling with their addictions especially the hard drugs as I call them. It's distressing but I find it therapeutic.I have had my own issues with well not so much addiction but let's say problems. Mine stem from eating issues body issues and depression
I have also gone through severe depression mainly dysthymia
And major deppresive disorder. Also this may be new to some people personality disorder/ borderline personality disorder.
I think I had abused drugs in any way or form I would be dead now. I have considered heroin a few times but that was at my lowest point. I have also been through dynamic psychotherapy and therapy. Really I am lucky to be alive really so I can relate to body issues distressing situations and I do understand emotions and damaging ways of coping with depressions and why sometimes we carry a lot of hurt anger and hate around with us.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Mark
do you know we have an eating disorders forum too?

Eating Disorders - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and a range of mental health forums

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com
D
Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's good to meet you Marktg. I'm glad you decided to join and share your feelings here. I was so happy when I found this place - I knew I'd never have to be alone with my problems. Welcome to SR
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Hey Mark welcome to SR.

Originally Posted by Marktg34 View Post
...damaging ways of coping with depressions and why sometimes we carry a lot of hurt anger and hate around with us.
^ Ain't that the truth!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, I am a newcomer here myself, (an extreme one at that, just joined today) Just in the short amount of time I have been a member here, the support on this sight is amazing. I hope you find the support to help you out. I really do.