Notices

Unsure

Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Discoveries

Hi I recieved a message from Kieth asking permission to use my post in a 12 step discussion. That is more than fine, only this program will not allow me to privatly message him back until I have at least 5 posts.

I was recently in the hospital. Fell off my electric bike - cracked 7 ribs, broke my collar bone and had fluid and air build up in my lung. It was extremly mis diagnosed at the first hospital I went to and therefore lived 2 more weeks before anything was done about it.
Anyhow, my point is - I am alive to tell about it. I met a lot of interesting people during my hospital stay, but one little old lady in particular. Made me realize how lucky I was, how much I have compared to most. She taught me the importance of being myself, being honest and kind and truly living life as I want to. It made me reflect on my "bad experience"with AA as well as my bad choices in life. I have always been one to "please everyone", weather it suited me or not. And I believe that may contribute to my drinking career that started about 5 - 6 years back. It has defenitly contributed to my slips in this past year.
I seem to have a whole new outlook on life, "be myself", don't deliberatly hurt someones feelings, but know that my thoughts and beliefs do count for something and should be heard. Keep a safe distance from situations and persons that bring you down. Through out all of my bad experiences with AA, I did mention how the old timers were fantastic, and perhaps that is who I need to stick by, along with this group.
I also discovered that I want it, and I want it now. I am always going 100 miles an hour trying to prove to the world I am capable and hard working and loving and so on... Some one told me everything happens for a reason, and even my accident, with as much pain as it brought to me and my family, it has taught me to slow down!! Life is what you make it.
I am going to try the AA thing again, and just be completely honest with myself and those around me
Thank you to all gave me some advice from my first post - truly to apprieciat it.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great to hear it is going well kyare, despite the fall.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

after reading all of the responses to my post, and the past few weeks that I have had to deal with, I have learned alot. Especially when someone wrote - when you go to a mtg, you are there to stay stober, sticking with the old timers and not getting caught up in the high school drama of it all. Much appreciated.
I am really enjoying this Sober Recovery, I get so much out of people's posts and responses to my own.