Notices

Returning Newcomer

Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I'm glad you're giving it another go.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi flujays...

not that I would want anyone in my situation - but there's something about reading a post like yours, and knowing there is someone else going through something similar to yourself, and no longer feeling quite so alone.

you're right. maybe we can figure out what our problem is and surprise ourselves by sticking to it this time. here's hoping!!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

least!! I'm so glad to see you're still here too

ya know...there's something about a place with great people you know, meeting new people who are so non-judgmental and welcoming, no matter how long you've been gone or what you've done....
familiarity.

it's nice.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome home, sweetie. Sorry you are struggling but very glad to see you knew where to come to.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-25-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Amy. Who I always know will be here. My rock!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Kris

If I keep thinking about how many years it has taken me to finally be sober?
Well, it was 17. Back and forward with shame and misery for a very long time.
But you know what? It doesn't matter.
What matters is now.
Today.
What we can do differently today to make our lives better.

So glad you are here, and giving yourself a chance.
"Where there is hope, there is life". ~ It was Ann Frank who said that; she never gave up.

Wishing you the very best in your recovery.

Love Venus xx
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, Kris. I'm experiencing what you did a few days ago.... (Day 1 of this round, fed up with my perpetual relapses, missed work with "family emergency" and barely able to type this because of numbness in my hands). I'm glad you're feeling hopeful now. I'm looking forward to that. My dad and friends have reminded me to be kind to myself and forgive myself. And figure out how to love myself. Be nice to Kris! She deserves it!

Xo
Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

VCat - thanks you're right, only this day matters, it's just hard sometimes to get that 'man, you're such an idiot!' voice out of your head or my head anyway lol. working on 4th day, ....

Chloebear....are you now on day 2?? Hope so! I'm surviving day 4 so far, but it's still early. I did come into work however, figured it would be better to be here filling my head with work instead of the 'just one more...' thoughts in my head, and well...I need the paycheque and am quickly running out of 'sick' days. And your dad/friends are right. forgive yourself. Let's be kind to ourselves today!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

not gonna lie.
work blows today. half a day down though. Just wish I felt better. and I don't know if I'm physically still sick or just my head making myself sick, cause I think I should be.
wah....
I should be on the whine thread perhaps
Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

alrighty - almost done of day 4. Take THAT! better me kicking it's ass then the other way around. First half day of work wasn't good, but by the end it was ok. Was good to get out of the house and put my thoughts towards something other than self loathing

One thing I'm trying to change is to stop looking so far ahead....trying to focus on the day that's here, and not worry about anything else. Not an expert at it yet...but I'm trying. Might make this whole process a little less daunting.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Krista- You're doing it!!! Honestly? Whiner's is my 2nd favorite thread after the henhouse, though I read through a lot of threads.

You know the early days are tough. We're tired, we're stressed, we're unsure. All I can tell you is that those feelings pass, the more time you put between you and your DOC.

I had a rough day (I work with people who have alzheimers) and though crack, opiates, drinking (my previous vices, crack being the one that brought me to recovery) didn't register, cigarettes did as that's the latest thing I quit.

I thought "I NEED a f'ing cigarette NOW!!!" and a visitor had one. The recovering part of me said "you really don't wanna go there".

I didn't, I got through work, I came home, and I will go to work again in the morning.

My point is, hang in there, sweetie. The early times are tough, no matter what our DOC is. I honestly had more problems quitting cigarettes (and I only have 48 days) than I did crack. I've been through the physical stuff, the mental stuff.

What matters is that I no longer want to be controlled by any substance. I want to find ME! Took me a looooooong time to figure this out, but I have a feeling you're well on the way to the same feeling.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

oh I hope so! I really do.
I love that. Finding yourself without anything controlling you. I hope to get there too, what a long weird road to get there! BUT, it could always be worse. and I try to remind myself of that every day. At least I've been graced another day to try.

I didn't know you were working with people with Alzheimer's now! That speaks volume to your personality. I think that has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world and certainly not everyone could do it. . Whoever you are with, are lucky to have you.

thanks for checking in lovely )
Old 09-27-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Kris.....one day at a time you're gonna get stronger girl.

One foot in front of the other...us carers (like Ames, I did that for a long time),
know how to be patient. Miracles happen. All of the time. God looks after us.
You can do this hun.

So much love,

V xx