Notices

The diagnosis is GRIM my friends

Old 09-24-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Key - I'm so sorry for the diagnosis. I have two family members and a dear friend going through similar situations.

What has amazed me about you all (yes, I include you) is your attitude, which is pretty amazing.

I often wondered if I were given a dire diagnosis, would I keep living my recovery life and get the best out of every minute/hour/day or would I cave. You inspire me.

My greatest hugs and prayers are with you and all who love you (including all of us). Please know, we are more than willing to walk this path with you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by keyweird View Post
I wanted to check in and, update my SR peeps about the status of my recent cancer discovery. I went to the oncologist this morning and was told the worst news possible. The tumors are everywhere, in my lungs, pancreas, adrenal gland, lymph nodes, stomach, kidney, thigh & leg bones. There is not anything that can be done. The Chemo that they can do is to try to control the pain with the lung cancer. But, there is actually so much & it's so aggressive, That it would be impossible to try to use chemo on it all. The treatment would kill me. I meet with the Oncologist on Monday & they asked that I bring my family so that they understand what's going on & what all we are & can try.
I've been numb for a few hours & Still don't believe this diagnosis.
It's all too true & all to scary.... But, Haven't thought that a drink would help once. Amazing that booze wasn't the first thing I wanted. The first thing I want is to stay strong, sober, eat healthy, & try with all my might to live everyday like the blessed gift I find it truly is!
Thank You all so much,
keyweird

I am so sorry to hear this. I cant imagine getting this horrible news, but I am SO impressed and proud that you are staying so clear headed and not using over all this. I dont want to give you a clever cliche because they are annoying. I wish you blessings and love.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear this keyweird. I really wish there was something I could say that would make things better. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Keyweird, you are very brave. I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You and your family are in my prayers xxx
Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

What Grace and courage you have.
Gxxx
Old 09-24-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I hope that you enjoy every second of the time you have with family and friends. You staying sober after this news shows all of us that we can make it through anything so thank you very much for posting.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Key,I'm so sorry for your diagnosis.My thoughts and prayers are with you and yourfamily xx
Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Keyweird, you are giving us all a lesson on true strength and commitment to sobriety. Thank you for your generosity in posting this, so that we might become wiser and stronger through your example. My thoughts and prayers are truly with you.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Keyweird,
I am so sorry to hear about your debating diagnosis. Your spirit is inspiring. I wish you and your family all the best..
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Key you are brave and courageous and an inspiration to us all. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers x
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh Key, I'm so shocked and worried about you. I'm sure that I join everyone here at SR in a huge virtual group hug. We all are in awe of your courage and grace. I will pray of course, and I will not give up hope. The future is unwritten, and anything is possible, even things that seem impossible, and even the smartest people in the world can be wrong sometimes. Remember that only one person built the ark, but a whole bunch of professionals built the Titanic.

Thank you for telling us about your diagnosis. I'll be following your posts every day. I'm thinking of you surrounded by healing white hot light, and praying to God, asking for an army of angels to encircle you and bring you strength and health. With thoughts of love brave Key!

Longbeachone
Old 09-25-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good luck with your treatment, and thank you for posting, you are being an amazing help to others.
John.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Praying for you, thank you for sharing your story. You will be in my thoughts all day!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry to read this key. Your courage is inspiring. I am thinking of you and your family. xx
Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Thinking of you, Key xxxx
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I am so sorry, you're such a strong woman. Hugs to you!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

So sorry for your news. You're a total inspiration. Thank you for your message of calm strength and beautiful courage - what a wonderful person you are, Key.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

thinking of you key xx
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

keyweird, i am so sorry.

as you can see, a lot of people here care, keep posting ....