Notices

Too much rest....

Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too much rest....

I know that sound impossible. But I have been laying here for nearly 4 days. Detox. Mild to moderate symptoms. I used to be/I am once 100% an avid runner and starting to feel much of my slight disorientation (except early days, that was NUTS) is me just laying here now and not getting around. Taken my vitamins, fluids, occasional Librium, nothing big.

I need to find a sense of normalcy to get the synapses going again? Dr. never said stay in bed for a week, thugh I felt that way at first. Could not even drive ans was sober. So I am thinking light grocery shop, treadmill, whatever, this feels like a coffin and i need to get the blood flowing...part of the world again......this is almost as crazy...
Old 09-24-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel a lot better when I get some cardio activity - run, bike, whatever, so I would definitely suggest it, but keep it easy if you''re on meds and keep hydrated. Good job on the four days. I have to go out at least once a day to a coffee shop or store. It's my way of getting some people contact.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you feel up to exercise or groceries, sounds good. Stay connected to "something", SR, meetings, whatever works for you to hold yourself accountable to sobriety.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks bloss, I got the SR app yesterday- always here, love this place. Time to "feel" again.....off I go, baby steps. Important to see the sun again....sober.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Maybe your body just needed the extra rest. With more sober time you'll get back to normal functioning.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm an avid runner (biker and swimmer, too, for that matter).

"Coming back" for me always involves getting back into exercising. Even something light, just to enjoy something that is so good and pure.