Notices

Cravings Got me ...

Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings Got me ...

and not sure why now all of a sudden; But still sober on Day 9 and have no desire to drink or get drunk; but am feeling the "need" to :p Ehh it will pass .. Need to get some food in me .. Did a mile walk already this AM ..

I think I thought too much into it .. Problem working nights is @ 2am or 3am the house is asleep and all; I can't run the vacuum or run around cleaning or anything out of fear of waking the animals or my ex up lol It blows cause then my mind starts racing :p

No worries work on my PC today or read some after I get some food in me ..
Old 09-24-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HALT (hugry, angry, lonely, tired) if you are one of those, and can fix it, that can help.

you can stay sober today and get to the double digits!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

way to stay with AW....

"Every silver linings got a touch of grey." -Touch of Grey
Old 09-24-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 9 AW. Its good that you realize the cravings will pass. It sounds like you are doing the right things...having a walk, eating and keeping busy. Maybe you could find a way to distract yourself when its that time of night and the house is quiet?. There is always the chat room on here if you need to talk to someone. Hope you have a good day.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. I do need to work on my keeping busy during the strange hours I keep lol .. But was thinking instead of reading so much during the day; I could hold off find something else to do then read at night ...

Not feeling threatened at all by the craving; it passed has been back, But I know what it is and it will go on by .. Not to mention I am 1 beer from Rock Bottom .. That will be an Expensive beer that I am not ready to pay for lol
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Not to mention I am 1 beer from Rock Bottom
i like that ... good reminder - thanks.

have a good day.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
You are doing amazing!

Keep it up. Don't let the thoughts in your head consume you. Distract yourself as much as possible.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, try to remember that your thoughts are just thoughts. You're doing great by trying to distract yourself. I hope these cravings pass quickly.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel we are both in this together I am on day 12 so on the same page as you I guess.looking at some of your posts really ring true with me and I know you would hate to go back to day one again.so focus on what's important and let's get through to one year sober together.dont let me down I know we can do this
Old 09-24-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toffee1 View Post
I feel we are both in this together I am on day 12 so on the same page as you I guess.looking at some of your posts really ring true with me and I know you would hate to go back to day one again.so focus on what's important and let's get through to one year sober together.dont let me down I know we can do this

Thanx All; and Thanx Toffee; yea 1 year is a long way away; but so I thought the 29 years spent drinking were a long way away LoL

But Thanx I am good and have a feeling I will make it NP .. I just seem to be viewing things differently lately .. Not sure if It is the vibes around the house; or the fact I have taken action to improve my life or what .. But I am feeling Ok w\ everything for now .. Anxiety & Pain not withstanding :p Good Luck and Be strong