Notices

Nervous

Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for everyone.. You know I think I was so anxious that nobody would bother, because I am so blocked with what I want to say. This whole day is full of firsts..I am only here because my daughter helped me get an e.mail account..didn't have a clue. Though I have been reading obsessively. And guess what? After finally posting and shaking like a idiot, I went and drank wine for my efforts..this is the most honest it gets, I right now am totally out of my comfort zone..but I feel this could be the turning tide right now(if that makes sense) Thanks
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi lifeunlocked,
Congrats on making the first scary steps to your wonderful journey! I was scared and nervous too, when I first posted here. It has been a lifeline to me, and I believe it will be for you, too.

What stood out to me the most was that no matter what our story was, there's someone, or a lot of someones, just like us on this recovery site. And feeling like you're not alone is so comforting. Knowing that others understand what we're going through can really give us guidance and courage.

So, keep reading and posting, you're doing great! I have 6 months of sobriety today, and what a roller coaster ride it has been. Ups and downs, learning how to live without alcohol, but so far I can say that it's been sooo worth it. Life is truly better now; hope that helps in some way.

Peace and best wishes to you,
~Heartfan