Notices

Craving ....

Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving ....

So it's day 8 and I am not craving as much as I FEEL like I should be drinking\drunk :p Have 3 nights off in a row .. So just seems like I should have beers . Not tempted at all though .. Cause I know where a "couple" leads .. But just found it odd that it hit me .. I mean like I said I have no urge, desire, real cravings of any kind .. Just "feel" like I should .. Strange I tell ya .. This weekend went off too well to ruin it now lol

Other then the MIL falling down the front stairs; I mean it went well .. My Ex. & I got along, had a few laughs . She cooked dinner, an apple pie, and even baked cookies :p So I would never ruin that right now .. Not to mention it has been he11 to get to this point of understanding myself .. So Why ruin it
Old 09-23-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Ah, nice post, August
Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, it's a weird but good feeling. I even walked past some liquor stores, my usual bogeyman, and didn't realize until past them. (shrugs), it's just feeling too good being sober, hey
Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey August I remember that feeling of not wanting to drink but feeling like I had to. Like auto pilot.... Here's where I'm suppose to disconnect. Keep doing whàt your doing and these crazy feelings will subside congrats on day 8
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey aw, its kind of weird we think we should drink just out of habit, you've broken that cycle now, keep it like that oh and any cookies left?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. It is a great feeling Kan
Yepp eating some now Lorelei .. Was supposed to take them to work last night; but I spaced :p So I had no snacks all night lol
Old 09-23-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I find doing something different in the evening (when I did most of my drinking) helps to break the actual habit. I used to turn off my computer, turn on the TV, open a bottle of wine (the first of two usually) and drink until I passed out.

Now I stay on ....er..my ...computer..

Well it is different!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AW, great to hear you had a sober weekend, and 8 days !!!

i agree, you have to do something else at "crunch time", coming straight home, to be in the same environment, buts sans drink. that's no esta bien for me, gets me climbing walls.

again, so good to see your post AW.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. But I am good .. Not bothered by it at all Just reading some tech news on the PC I have TV on in the background; well my PC is my TV so makes it easy to turn on\off if I get disgusted\annoyed\triggered LoL
Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went to an outdoor musical event yesterday. I've been going for so long that I know a bunch of the people there. I was offered several mind altering substances as well as beers. I just kept telling myself. Why ruin this now? I'm feeling really good these days. Why ruin it now? I'm feeling healthy for the first time in a long time. Why ruin it now? It's a good mantra. Glad you had a good weekend. There are more to come.

You got cookies? I didn't get any cookies
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

And cupcakes again Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Not sure I could handle a show right now lol No matter what I say to myself.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

AW - you have come so far in 8 days. I am inspired by you - great job. From your posts you have seemingly turn a major corner. I think you can make this stick.

In terms of the show, I tried to do somethign this weekend at a club and I found it a miserable experience. I just had to leave and realized there is not going back.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like you should be drinking even though you don't want to. The number of times i drank because i thought i should but had no real desire to is unreal. Madness!. Congrats on day 8. Keep doing whats working AW. Glad you had a good weekend.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. I am so not trying to look back at it now hayley lol It just would be a headache .. But like I said surprisingly; no real urge or desire as a matter of fact; gonna get some left overs read then Crash w\ the cats :p ...

Yea JD; I think I could do a show w\ the right situation; I just meant like Bruce said he knows people and all .. That would be my downfall; running into the "old" crowd lol I would Love to catch Furthur again though; and I know a sober buddy that would go w\ me; Now that I could handle .. But if I was going to a rainbow gathering or something where I might run into people; Nahhh Not happening lol
Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, sometimes you're wrong.

Your feeling that you should be drinking is... incorrect.