Notices

why?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Can anyone here advise me on getting into a rehab treatment centre?, I need to do this but I don't know where to turn just know ive had enough.
If your withdrawal is getting out of control. Go to the ER. They can help you finish the detox and then ask for the social worker.

Otherwise, google rehabs in your area and just start calling first thing in the morning. Beds open all the time but you have to be persistent. Explain to them how much you need this. Call every single one you can find. Then call again the next day. And the next day after that.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Why me? Why did God give me this horrible disease?
Not really a useful perspective.

If it is God, in fact, who is responsible for such things, you might ask why God didn't book places like East Africa as your birth place.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We can ask 'why, which, who, where, what', until we are blue in the face.. bottom line is, it's something we HAVE to deal with. Let's face it, what's the alternative?
If we had been diagnosed diabetic, for example, sure we'd be mad / upset those first few weeks / months,of re-adjustment, but then we'd get used to the idea of having to watch sugar levels etc. Drinking to us now, is just the same - something we have to not do. Just as damaging. (Sadly)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

After not sleeping all night made a decision to see doctor today and tell him just how bad its got, letting employer know that I wont be well enough to fulfil the rest of my temp contract which is only one week. Bad withdrawl symptoms still but head that much clearer about needing to be 100% commited to my sobriety and I plan on getting to a meeting everyday from now on. Reading back on my posts here helps me realise how irrational our minds are when drunk or coming down. realise how some of my comments were not useful in helping others and for that Im sorry its a selfish illness and i was being selfish by some of those comments.

Oh and the vodkas gone not down my throat but down the toilet.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear that on all counts 1step

D