Notices

Exhausted with self-hatred...

Old 09-25-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
MB, I so wish I had the words to influence the way you see yourself. You are amongst the kindest people I've ever 'met' on SR with your words and loving support for others, and absolutely the harshest self critic!

How can I help you to see yourself the way others see you? I've known you a while now, we've supported each other through our various struggles with addiction of one sort or another. I don't know if you quite realise what a strong positive influence you've been on me.

Don't you dare give up!! Things are NEVER impossible to change. Yes, your self-esteem issues run deep, they will take time to alter for good. But it can be done. Maybe time to look at different types of counselling...I've had/am having various types and, as things are revealed for me, the strategies change.

This journey we are on...it's a lifelong one. We don't reach a destination where we are fixed and are never doubtful again. We take small steps every day. Sometimes they are so small we can't even recognise them as progress. But they are.

For me MB, the first year of sobriety was all about quitting the drink. The second year is about discovering the real me, accepting myself and learning how to live a peaceful and happy existence.

You just hang in there now... It will get better. And besides, you're my badass pal. We just don't give up do we?xxxxx
thanks for yur post, it never ceases to amaze me, the intelligence and insight of the people on this board. Thank god for SR and all you wonderful people.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=HeadLump;4195089]Oh, MB. I am so sorry that you feel like this, but I do understand.

I've been following your exchange with Jeni in the secular section and I have absolute admiration for the way you have opened up and discussed your feelings, am in awe of the beautiful way in which you express them, and am blown away by the fact that you've never given up trying to make yourself - and your life - as 'good' as it possibly can be. That thread has helped me through many lows and, indeed, it encouraged me to join SR

Reading through all the posts on this site has made me truly appreciate that we may have problems with alcohol (and other things) but we are not bad people. The posters here, including you, are some of the wisest, truest, strongest and most human people I can ever imagine, and I am proud to bits to be among such company

I do so wish you could really feel and know the wonderful capacity you have to touch and inspire others.

so beautifully said, thankyou