Notices

New to forums

Old 09-21-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Jill, I hope you find SR useful. The folks here are very supportive and understand what it's all about ! Come and join the September group, there is still room to accept fine members such as yourself
Old 09-22-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Yesterday, Saturday was the first Saturday in I don't know how long without drinks. Believe me I felt the cravings around 5pm or so. Pushed through even with a sick 18 month old. Looking forward to a sober Sunday now. Sundays for some god awl full reason were the worst for me in terms of drinking. Day 5 of sobriety!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job Arbor!! Hang tight today.... this will be my first sober Sunday in a long time...we can do this! Stay close!!

GGirl
Old 09-22-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi jill and arbor, your going to find people who can relate, and understand what you are going through here. welcome aboard, keep posting.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome Jill. Im curious as to why you said you are concerned with going to an AA meeting because you need more anonymity? Do you live in a small town where you are concerned you might run into someone you know at a meeting? I used to live in a small town and there was only 1 meeting and 1 meeting place. I think you will find that it is well worth it to at least try to go to a meeting. If you are shy about going alone, you can call your local office and ask if there is someone you can meet with first and then walk into the meeting together. This site is WONDERFUL for support and motivation and recovery tools...but its also nice to have some face to face with other folks. Good luck and again, welcome.