Notices

Conversation was awkward today

Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
I don't know how many of y'all ever watched 'The Closer' on TV, but there was a great scene when the whole Det. squad went out to celebrate, and Lt. Flynn declined a drink.

When Brenda Leigh asked him why he wasn't drinking, he showed her his sobriety coin, or ring I think, and said.....'Well, back when I was drinking, I could be sort of an a**hole...............'

Well, I'll vote fer that....

(o:
NoelleR
That's a smooth way to answer the question. I have my moments sober, but by and large I am less of an a**hole sober as well.

Long ago I had an employee who quit drinking and drugging, his 'moment of truth' came to him right as he was about to hock his TV to buy drugs. He always said, no thanks, I'm allergic to alcohol, when I drink it I break out into another state. Maybe not original, but I never heard it in the rooms when I was actively going to AA.

Great guy. We were fairly friendly even though I was already a heavy drinker but I always appreciated his forthrightness. I covered the end of his shift sometimes when he told me he 'needed a meeting bad'.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
That's a smooth way to answer the question. I have my moments sober, but by and large I am less of an a**hole sober as well.

Long ago I had an employee who quit drinking and drugging, his 'moment of truth' came to him right as he was about to hock his TV to buy drugs. He always said, no thanks, I'm allergic to alcohol, when I drink it I break out into another state. Maybe not original, but I never heard it in the rooms when I was actively going to AA.

Great guy. We were fairly friendly even though I was already a heavy drinker but I always appreciated his forthrightness. I covered the end of his shift sometimes when he told me he 'needed a meeting bad'.
I don't know about smooth, but me2 (less of an a**hole sober). I kinda prefer the line.....I'm allergic to alcohol; every time I drink it, I break out in handcuffs.....mebbe an oldie but a goodie, but fit me like a glove.....'n lemme tell ya; I've been in jails in more 'n one place, and the TX jails REALLY ain't nice................lolol

(o:
NoelleR