Notices

It feels good to be free!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It feels good to be free!

Today is my 19th day sober and I can't believe that just three weeks ago I was essentially a completely different person! I feel like socializing again and being part of the social scene at work. My sense of humor has come back and I'm excited about getting out at about during the day instead of going from home to my office and back home again to drink.

Today, I met a friend for lunch who I used to be close to two year ago before my drinking really got out of control. I told her about my alcoholism and my new sober journey. We had a great conversation and were able to reconnect. It really does feel wonderful to be back in the world of the living. I can't express how thankful I am for everyone who helped me make this decision and stick to it!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Really happy for you Zeldafan!! Congratulations on your emancipation.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

conrgrats!
I'm on my 19th day as well and I totally relate to you gaining my sense of humor and with people at work! It's just going to get easier from here on out, ZeldaFan!!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope you keep on with it ,

The freedom is a glorious gift of sobriety and for me it got better the furthur i got from my last drink ( 2 years into my new life now )

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Malgudy - SS - 31-Aug-2013

22 Days Sober and Feeling Fantastic...

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Today is my 19th day sober and I can't believe that just three weeks ago I was essentially a completely different person! I feel like socializing again and being part of the social scene at work. My sense of humor has come back and I'm excited about getting out at about during the day instead of going from home to my office and back home again to drink.

Today, I met a friend for lunch who I used to be close to two year ago before my drinking really got out of control. I told her about my alcoholism and my new sober journey. We had a great conversation and were able to reconnect. It really does feel wonderful to be back in the world of the living. I can't express how thankful I am for everyone who helped me make this decision and stick to it!
I totally agree with you ZeldaFan. I have been going out to pubs and meals with friends like before but I have been sober and have tomato juice on the rocks instead...Waking up Sober... a gift of Nature..