Notices

going to be real about this.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb going to be real about this.

This isnt the first time with struggling with addiction, i was in a 18 month recovery program for Meth. Ive been clean of that since 12/12/05. When i was clean off Meth,i said I'll never do it again. Meth took me to a lot of dark places. I viewed alcohol as a fun thing that made me feel good. Well i don't feel good and this is not fun. I am broke all the time and work with a hang over.i work in a hot place so it sucks. I am going to have to view alcohol just like meth. Its not my friend and it has to go.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Geno - just think how exceptionally strong you must be to work in the heat with a raging hangover. I thanked God for AC when I was hung.

Now, imagine your strength and resilience if you DIDN'T have to work sick ?

Be motivated.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya i am a manual t shirt printer. On my feet all day and next to a 400 degree dryer.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

How do you even bear that hungover ?? I would have a hard time not throwing myself into one of those dryers if I was anxious, nauseous, shaky, jonesing'.

I repeat, i can only imagine your true fortitude sober. Because what you are describing to me makes me literally shudder. Why not take some of that strength and parlay it into focusing on becoming well ?

Best to you.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Geno,

I used to feel the same way about alcohol until I had to go into a 6 month program for the second time. My doc is heroin and never considered alcohol to be a problem. I started drinking fast and hard in order to feed that fix i really wanted, which was dope. Evfentually i ended up with a needle in my arm. It took me a second trip around the block to realize that booze, pot, dope, whatever are basically one in the same. If i do one I'm gonna do it hard and eventually I'll end up doing my drug of choice which is just darkness. Just sharing my experience, wish the best of luck