Notices

Body sore, fatigue, sad

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey - how are you doing now?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Trying to finish the paper due for a class and plan my classes. Crying in bed. Trying to rest a little.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Don't be crying - it's not all bad A..

Remember I said to you with new meds sometimes you will feel worse before better? It just takes time love. Yknow your doing the most positive thing you can and that's not drinking. If its really unbearable I'd phone your doctor - but for now do me a favour?

Get up - wash your face - cuppa tea with sugar!! Then snuggle up in bed and try and sleep. What time is it there? Have you ate today?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yea I ate I have six hours to write so I just have to get it done somehow. Ie to am freaking losing my mind but I will be ok. I am going to have to really struggle not to drink tomorrow evening. Jeeze...........Heess dang
Old 09-20-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Challenging and testing times are going to happen where you feel overwhelmed by things and you are tempted to go back to old habits as a false way of coping. You have the choice not to drink. Imagine how good you will feel tomorrow when you get through all of this with your work all done and you are sober. You can do it. Stay strong.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yep just got about three pages. Six more to go.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Yep just got about three pages. Six more to go.
Your doing well
Old 09-20-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Excellent. I'm a paper writer from waaaaay back. I'm sure you know the drill...tell em what you're gonna write, write it, tell em what you wrote, the end. I shouldn't be distracting you, but what's the paper about? And btw, tomorrow is FRIDAY!! WooHoo!

Have you heard of self fulfilling prophecy? It means to state what you believe you will do, even if you don't want to. Then sure enough, it happens. Tomorrow I'm afraid I'll get a ticket. Maybe you drive badly, call attention to yourself, direct the universe to arrange a speeding ticket for you. How about using this theory to your advantage? Tomorrow I'm going to have a wonderful, amazing day! Don't know why, don't know how, I just WILL...It's worth a try!

Perhaps it's time to call it a night. In any case, stop crying (pointless). Make some tea, and let's all go to sleep. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thank you. Six more pages to write in five pages, I am pretty brain dead though. I just want a drink to settle me down. I am not really sure what is wrong with me.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Have you talked to your doctor about an antidepressant?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
Excellent. I'm a paper writer from waaaaay back. I'm sure you know the drill...tell em what you're gonna write, write it, tell em what you wrote, the end. I shouldn't be distracting you, but what's the paper about? And btw, tomorrow is FRIDAY!! WooHoo!

Have you heard of self fulfilling prophecy? It means to state what you believe you will do, even if you don't want to. Then sure enough, it happens. Tomorrow I'm afraid I'll get a ticket. Maybe you drive badly, call attention to yourself, direct the universe to arrange a speeding ticket for you. How about using this theory to your advantage? Tomorrow I'm going to have a wonderful, amazing day! Don't know why, don't know how, I just WILL...It's worth a try!

Perhaps it's time to call it a night. In any case, stop crying (pointless). Make some tea, and let's all go to sleep. Talk to you tomorrow.
I like this had a good friend who used to say to me to plan to have fun and a good time. Don't worry just be positive and it makes things easier.

You just reminded me of that outlook thank you. I needed this - I've been spending so much time just being sad about this person not being here I forgot what this person was all about. The person who made me see the world differently and to believe in myself. Taught me that life is beautiful but you have to be looking at it from the right angle. I haven't been for months now. Somehow it all got twisted again.. Right now I'm not steering my own ship - I need to take that back ASAP I need my inside peace back.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey A. How is going today? I am thinking that you may have not slept much due to writing a paper last night. I hope that this day treats you well.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

No sleep. I have seven pages. A few more paragraphs is all I can do. IT SUCKS!! But I have to turn something in. Then I have to take a shower and go teach, which I don't know what I am going to do during class, I will have to divide the class up and have them debate two sides of an issue since we are supposed to be reading about using evidence in writing. I"M going crazy! Need a damn drink!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I don't know if I will finish in time I ******* hate this and I am about to have a nervous breakdown I cannot think anymore I hate my life.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Whoa...to me this is scary. No sleep? Your brain simply cannot find "neutral" in such conditions. I don't know anything about grad school. Is this common? Writing through nights and then having to go to work? Is this the expectation? If so, I fear even more than I already did for your sobriety.

No wonder you are having a temper tantrum. If you wanna grow up Acheleus... here's a helluva test. Know and accept you are tired (which is HUGE trigger) and get on through
Old 09-20-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Printed and showering. Oh yes I have stayed up all night like 60 times in the past year doing work. I can sleep when I am dead. This is why I hate school, it sucks all the life out of you. I will be ok. Nothing can keep me sober but me and my supports.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Ach, I'm going to ignore all that and make a dumbass suggestion. Or maybe a brilliant one, I get both. Do you have a dog or cat? Have you considered getting one?
I just want to say something about this idea. I think Acheleus is struggling with depression/ working on sobriety. I have a depressive illness, and there have been a couple of times where I was quite ill, and couldn't properly care for my bird. I had to board him at the vets for respite, felt terrible for having to do this, but it was the best for him and me.

They say one should not begin a new romantic relationship until at least one year of sobriety. I'd extend this idea to pet ownership too.
Whilst pets can be a source of comfort and companionship, they do require our devoted care and attention. Perhaps now is not the best time for Acheleus, or anyone in a similar position to take on this responsibility.

Take care, Acheleus, I hope you get some refreshing rest soon.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Printed and showering. Oh yes I have stayed up all night like 60 times in the past year doing work. I can sleep when I am dead. This is why I hate school, it sucks all the life out of you. I will be ok. Nothing can keep me sober but me and my supports.
Life sucks the life out of us Ach. Whether it's being a student, an employee, a parent. You can't run away from your responsibilities no matter where you live, what you do or who you are.

You are making big improvements already, and you are almost 2 weeks sober. Have you checked in with your doc/counselor to follow up on how the meds are working out?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I taught my classes and they went great! I had all the students laughing because I am tired and I get really funny. I turned in my paper. Now I am eating. Yes I have appointment Monday Scott
Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad things worked out Ach

D