SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just Checking In (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/308015-just-checking.html)

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 04:35 AM

Just Checking In

Gonna spend allot of the day in bed resting my back because I work tonight & have had 2 nights off . That really throws me ..

AW

misspond 09-19-2013 05:07 AM

Throws you how? Is there anything different you can do to rest your back and prepare for work?

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by misspond (Post 4189537)
Throws you how? Is there anything different you can do to rest your back and prepare for work?

Throws my Sleeping patterns off for one; but my back stiffens up and all .. I stretch usually and if I have time walk some .. But I am missing a good 5-10% if not more of my lower back muscle :( So really there isn't much I can do ..

13unluckyforsom 09-19-2013 05:56 AM

Would a support belt maybe help your back?

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 06:21 AM

Thanx, But No; b\c I have a "hole" there and it wouldn't support b\c there is nothing there ..
Picture this; you buy a new thing of ice cream (in the rectangular box) you get out an ice cream scoop and take one big scoop; now that is how my lower back looks .. Like the box of ice cream after a scoop is out :(

AW

misspond 09-19-2013 06:24 AM

AW you have something to deal with that I couldn't even imagine. I hope you get your rest and that you can stretch out your back so that work is comfortable.

happyhour 09-19-2013 06:27 AM

aw, in spite of back pain, which i know can be havoc, seems like you are doing well, and your perspective is also improving, funny ... when we start to get sober it seems everyone around us is not so awful :) have a great day ...

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 (Post 4189621)
I am taking steps now & regardless how it seems I paint my ex; she IS a saint & is helping in so many ways.AW

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 06:28 AM

Thanx .. Surprisingly the rest thing may be more of the problem right now .. B\C when I am off 2 nights in a row; I adapt to a "day walker" again lol So I went to bed at 3am and got up at 7am in hopes I will be tired around Noon or 2'ish EST ..

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by happyhour (Post 4189649)
aw, in spite of back pain, which i know can be havoc, seems like you are doing well, and your perspective is also improving, funny ... when we start to get sober it seems everyone around us is not so awful :) have a great day ...

TY :) I never said she was awful .. Her "coldness" sometimes though gets to me .. But as I have said I understand it and I respect it .. I just as said need to learn to cope instead of running to drink ..

lorelei 09-19-2013 06:34 AM

Hey AW ((()))
When we've been using drink as our crutch, we have to find something else to lean on, ive been writing in a journal, reading, and taking time to practice mindfulness...not sure if these will help you.
X

happyhour 09-19-2013 06:40 AM

does anything help? stretching, accupuncture, chiropractor, certain exercises?
sorry - i'll stop being Marcus Welby MD, you probably don't remember that show.

anyway, have a good day, thanks for all your posts too, they help me too.

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by happyhour (Post 4189670)
does anything help? stretching, accupuncture, chiropractor, certain exercises?
sorry - i'll stop being Marcus Welby MD, you probably don't remember that show.

anyway, have a good day, thanks for all your posts too, they help me too.

Thanx, but I have tried everything for 7 years & Stretching helps some .. have yet to find an exercise that does though .. I would love acupuncture but as I said it is like a scoop; so they had to skin graph it and it is really one big dented scar now :(

AW

AugustWest11 09-19-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by lorelei (Post 4189660)
Hey AW ((()))
When we've been using drink as our crutch, we have to find something else to lean on, ive been writing in a journal, reading, and taking time to practice mindfulness...not sure if these will help you.
X

funny you should mention that; Just started a new journal last night actually This weekend I am gonna look into some other things to focus on .. Kind of tired of reading right now lol In the past 2months I have read so much .. But thanx .. I am slowly getting my head clear now so I can figure some things out .. I am making "adjustments" I should have made last time I quit ..