Notices

The wine

Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The wine

It still wants the bloody wine! I can't go out because of it. Sitting here - all dressed up and nowhere to go because I don't know if I'm strong enough to not buy any. Ffffff!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cravings are awful. Sometimes I get cravings so strong, it's like a loud drum beat in my head and heart. Maybe you should hang tight and let the urge pass. Then venture out with someone you trust. From my experience, if I am left alone, I would pick up.

Relax and hang in there...
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm just staying at home - I did want a change of scenery but that's not going to happen today. I'm obsessing too much about the alcohol to trust myself.

Imagine 28 years old and can't trust myself to go out lol that's hilarious! Well it would be if it wasn't so ridiculous!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found the same tactic of staying home works for me!! It takes awhile for this tiger to change stripes so I'm learning how to be by myself......at first it sucked but now I think it has taught me a lot.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How about the cinema?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nah I've only got an hour anyway before my wee ones home from school so ill hang tight. Too cold anyway lol
Old 09-19-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do this 13. Think it through to the end of the scenario, what would be the end-point if you did have just one sip? You are stronger than it is, and it can't function without you, so keep it in its place. x
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah I just went ahead and took the dog a walk to a shop I can't buy alcohol from lol easy as pie
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Imagine 28 years old and can't trust myself to go out lol that's hilarious! Well it would be if it wasn't so ridiculous!
Imagine ?? I am 42 & in the same boat :p lol Not to mention I have no one to go out w\ :p
Old 09-19-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

Everytime you dont give in the addiction gets weaker. Hang in there- its gonna be OK
Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post

Imagine ?? I am 42 & in the same boat :p lol Not to mention I have no one to go out w\ :p
The good thing about not drinking though AW is that if you stick with it for a while your nerves won't be shot with alcohol - I've 32 days - minus Sundays drink and my anxiety was through the roof just like you feel a lot of the time - the point is the longer u stay sober the better your anxiety will get. Your medication will actually have a chance to work instead of being over ridden by alcohol.

If you always had anxiety then the chances are your always going to have it but being sober will allow you to find new ways of coping with it so that you can have a good standard of living and there's no need for it to cripple you or hold you back. No one deserves to live a life like that and you don't need to but you do need to stay sober to maximise any potential benefit from medication or counselling - alcohol just makes everything so much more complicated.

I'm lecturing you as much as myself here - I've always drank - I think anxiety was a good excuse for a while, then trouble sleeping but whatever I started off medicating with drinking by the end it didn't even matter why - I didn't even need a why and if I did then any excuse was good enough. If there was none
Old 09-19-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If there was none I'd find one.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The good thing about not drinking though AW is that if you stick with it for a while your nerves won't be shot with alcohol - I've 32 days - minus Sundays drink and my anxiety was through the roof just like you feel a lot of the time - the point is the longer u stay sober the better your anxiety will get. Your medication will actually have a chance to work instead of being over ridden by alcohol.

If you always had anxiety then the chances are your always going to have it but being sober will allow you to find new ways of coping with it so that you can have a good standard of living and there's no need for it to cripple you or hold you back. No one deserves to live a life like that and you don't need to but you do need to stay sober to maximise any potential benefit from medication or counselling - alcohol just makes everything so much more complicated.

I'm lecturing you as much as myself here - I've always drank - I think anxiety was a good excuse for a while, then trouble sleeping but whatever I started off medicating with drinking by the end it didn't even matter why - I didn't even need a why and if I did then any excuse was good enough. If there was none
No doubt about findings new ways of coping; w\ a lot of stuff. I realize I have serious issues; alwaus have, just like you I self medicated for 29 years cause I didn't want to deal.

I am taking steps now & regardless how it seems I paint my ex; she IS a saint & is helping in so many ways.

AW
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
quat

way to go 13, you got this
keep telling it to stop whining about the wine and it will get quieter
Old 09-19-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post

No doubt about findings new ways of coping; w\ a lot of stuff. I realize I have serious issues; alwaus have, just like you I self medicated for 29 years cause I didn't want to deal.

I am taking steps now & regardless how it seems I paint my ex; she IS a saint & is helping in so many ways.

AW
I think for someone who is your 'ex' she is going beyond the call of duty - I don't know if your both compatible but I think she is someone who cares about you
Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yea; I know we are compatible; I know our main issue and all, just not going into that :p lol She is a sweet heart though .. But I am sure it is wearing thin on her
Old 09-19-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

All the more reason to get yourself sorted out then so you can address this issue with a clear mind and put in 100%
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
jkb

Hey 13-

Facing and staring down the beast.... good work. You just have to put the damn thing in its place.

When I was maybe a month in I remember sitting on my couch and actually crying (really sobbing) because my beast had me convinced that I NEEDED a drink. It was a REALLY BAD craving. When it finally passed I could not believe I hadn't given in. I was in control..... I won.

I hold onto that feeling of victory. Every time I don't give in I win. I know how hard it is but, it is so worth it.

Now when my beast speaks up I see it for what it is... annoying at best.

Jess
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Almost as ridiculous as me doing it at 37 after giving in at about 28 after 6 months sober and doing 9 more years of damage ...

Stay strong , m
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

Almost as ridiculous as me doing it at 37 after giving in at about 28 after 6 months sober and doing 9 more years of damage ...

Stay strong , m
I know it's such a stupid thing to want to do to yourself. It only ever caused me trouble. But yet here I am - annoyed at my sensible self for not giving in. It's like civil war in my brain lol the peasants won't sit down lol lol lol