Notices

Craving

Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving

After class I just want to have a drink so I do not have to think about a paper I have to write or all the papers I have to grade. I guess I will go to the library and work instead of drinking.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The library sounds like a great plan! Do it!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good idea Ach, keep busy x
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking won't make the work go away though will it? You will eventually sober up and have to deal with the added pressure of less time and also a hangover which would make concentrating a pain!

I say go to the library - get the work done and go home and let out a big sigh of relief when it's all over. Your doing so well lately - I wouldn't like you to give up.

Are you tired?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Having a drink wont make the paper you have to write and the ones you have to grade go away. Library sounds like a great idea. Stay strong and keep moving forward with your sobriety. You are doing great.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I am very tired. I am going to rest. I came home and got some water and food. Going to read and try to work on paper and start grading later, then tomorrow finish up a bunch of stuff. I have tomorrow off, so I am more tempted to go out and drink. I just want to hang out and talk to some people, but I can get through this. Going to get some frozen yogurt again tonight.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You know that's very insightful Ach. You have identified that you want to use the drink to not work on what you must. It's like "I don't want to clean my room, I want to go play!".

You don't have to drink to shirk responsibility...but I suppose it shuts up the voice telling you, you have to. Perhaps break the work in small chunks with a timer or something. Work a half hour..go get yogurt...work another half hour...go for a walk.

Just bite it off bit by bit with little rewards in between.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Nuudawn. I want to save my money too so I can buy things I actually need. I hope my mental fatigue will improve.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Acheleus..I'm 3 1/2 months in and I'm STILL suffering mental fatigue. It's likely the result of using your head 24-7. It takes a lot of work to mind your mind : )
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so proud of myself for not drinking. I took a nap and now I am going to read and go buy some groceries. I would be half in the bag by now if I had drank, and tomorrow I would have felt nervous, terrified, and depressed. Nothing can stop me from reaching my goals!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Acheleus are you a list maker at all? I am. Early in my recovery I had a list of things I would do in the evening, I'd make the list early in the day and cross each thing off as I did it. Some were house things, some were fun things, some were things I wanted to do on the computer/Internet. I had a rule to go to bed early and get up early -- specific times. I did all this because the evenings were the time I'd drink -- in front of the television, on the Internet. I changed the chair I sat in, all sorts of little tweaks that helped me develop a new routine and have no time to think about drinking.

Think about it, it might help you as you leave school/college to know that you are going to go home and cook and eat X, then you're going to do Y. Just like you did tonight.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes I need to write down a routine and stick to it. I tend to have a crazy sleep schedule.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I am so proud of myself for not drinking. I took a nap and now I am going to read and go buy some groceries. I would be half in the bag by now if I had drank, and tomorrow I would have felt nervous, terrified, and depressed. Nothing can stop me from reaching my goals!
Love this positivity :-)
Old 09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done Ach! You are a great example!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

proud of you too Ach x
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so proud of myself for
You need to keep saying this!! Adding more things to the list because you do have alot to be proud of. Fill your head with more positive self talk, and you will find not only do you want to be with you more, others will too!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ach - just think we are almost a month into this. I am being tested tonight and this weekend.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done.
You are doing really well.
You have escaped the lion cage.
No need to go back for your hat!
Keep strong.
G
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It seems like you are making great progress.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Congratulations Ach - just think we are almost a month into this. I am being tested tonight and this weekend.
keep strong jdooner, you can do it x