Notices

medical advice: alcohol-induced convulsions

Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

medical advice: alcohol-induced convulsions

i have been a chronic binge drinker for the past three years. in the past couple months, i have begun to experience convulsive-like symptoms during my binges. the best way i can describe this is in comparing it to tourette syndrome. my back, neck and face involuntarily contort, and i let out strange yelps. they usually start out slow and build in intensity throughout the night. i know that at least part of this is likely due the medications i'm on (i know i KNOW i should not be drinking on them). but i am curious if this may also be the result of something else physiological as a result of my continued and worsening addiction.
also, if anyone has any personal accounts of drinking while on any/all of the following medications, i would appreciate the feedback: straterra, risperdal, lamictal and trazadone.
i write because i am deeply concerned for myself. i know that i have a dangerous problem. i want so very much to quit but i continue to fail. i'm scared for myself. i want to educate myself on exactly how much damage i am - without a doubt - doing to my body.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can't give any medical advice on here.Best thing for youto do would be to see your doc
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

alright thanks.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We can give you support and hugs, though! (((flordelmar))) Sorry you are going through this.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sorry, of course we can giveyou support,strength and guidance on getting sober. I should have said that in my post-I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or abrupt

Welcome to SR
Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are playing with fire, man. Get to a doctor.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are certainly here to support you, but I do think you need to seek medical attention for these alcohol induced convulsions. I have heard of people having convulsions during withdrawal but I haven't heard of anyone that had convulsions while drinking. It could be the combination of your meds and drinking, but that is to be determined by a physician. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, lots of support here.