Notices

You could of had a V8!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You could of had a V8!

You know that commercial where the lady is talking to her baby and is like "look what mommy's having. Mommy's having a french fry!" And her kid wacks her in the forehead! Lol I'm going to think of that whenever I think of drinking and just replace french fry with wine! If my kid was old enough I'm sure he'd wack me in the head!

Anyhow, had quite the last week with a of unexpected events! It was a little rough!

HOWEVER, It would have been way harder if I had been drinking! I was able to take care of all the problems and my sick kid, and do it with the energy and consciousness it deserved! drinking wouldn't have helped anything and would have probably made things more difficult to take care of! Even with the lack of sleep I have had this week I feel a hundred times better then I would have I allowed myself even one glass!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're doing well. Living sober is so worth it.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Pinot! So glad to hear you're still here with us. A couple nights ago I had to put together a cabinet with doors. It came in a box with a million pieces and horrid directions. I would not recommend a task like this in early sobriety. OMG. It took me 5 hours 5 hours of hell. I was using wrong screws.putting together...taking apart. Argh..I wince in recall.

The desire for a drink was screaming in my head cuz it was just so darn frustrating. But ya know what? Had I been drinking..I would have had my first drink about 5 mins into the process. I would have given up and been hammered within the first hour. I would have had a hangover and barely built cabinet in the dumpster the next morning.

You are so right...drinking never helps anything.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. I needed to read this right now. I've been sick since Friday, toddler is still getting up 3/4 times a night, no energy to work out (my usual endorphin rush), losing my cool with the kids on an hourly basis (what cool did I ever have?), and was reminiscing at 10am about "those days I'd have a glass of wine after lunch," thinking if there was ever a time for a drink, today, right now, after exploding at my toddler for throwing and breaking a bowl and then coaxing the dogs to walk through the wreckage by waving her PB&J, would be the time. I am frustrated beyond my coping skills and feel like there is no break from this mothering thing that I'm so awful at.

I KNOW drinking won't make it better, but I'm ready to explode.