Notices

My thoughts this morning.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My thoughts this morning.

Things to remember:

When my inner voice is talking, it is best to listen.

I am not the worst thing that has happened to me.

I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

I deserve a beautiful life.

I am worthy of love from others and most importantly love from myself.

My thoughts are creating this life that I live.

Every action has a reaction.

Being an alcoholic means that I stay away from alcohol, but this does not define my character or who I am to be in this world.

Always give 100%. DO your best in everything. This does not go unnoticed.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Some nice sentiments. Personally I don't believe in 'spirit' or anything supernatural but as my sig says I do believe we inhabit the world we create to a great extent around us. We can think ourselves into a positive place with the right tools because the way we think about it changes that world.

Having said that I am having a rough sort of day and I am struggling to take heed of my own point of view here...dohhh...

There will be another day!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this Mizz, I needed it this morning.

And yes, yes, yes...learning to listen to your inner voice again is paramount. I always had a very strong one even as a child but years and years of throwing alcohol on top of it (because it was inevitably telling me something I didn't want to hear...like maybe I should stop drinking...) made it get really quiet there for awhile.

It's back and, like any muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.

And self-forgiveness is paramount as well. That's a tough one for me some days as I get in a funk and start awfulizing and think, "No way I can ever get past that one!" and then I think, "What's the option, though?"

Getting better. Getting easier to listen to my gut and to forgive. Remembering my thoughts and where I direct my energy is what shapes my life.

Today is a depressing one in DC and I was getting sucked into the negative vibe and then I read this post and it snapped me out of it.

Thank you, thank you.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Mizz ,
keep on ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
Thanks for this Mizz, I needed it this morning.

And yes, yes, yes...learning to listen to your inner voice again is paramount. I always had a very strong one even as a child but years and years of throwing alcohol on top of it (because it was inevitably telling me something I didn't want to hear...like maybe I should stop drinking...) made it get really quiet there for awhile.

It's back and, like any muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.

And self-forgiveness is paramount as well. That's a tough one for me some days as I get in a funk and start awfulizing and think, "No way I can ever get past that one!" and then I think, "What's the option, though?"

Getting better. Getting easier to listen to my gut and to forgive. Remembering my thoughts and where I direct my energy is what shapes my life.

Today is a depressing one in DC and I was getting sucked into the negative vibe and then I read this post and it snapped me out of it.

Thank you, thank you.

PT. You brought tears to my eyes. May peace be with you in this time. May peace be with everyone.
Self forgiveness is paramount. I work towards this everyday and with each passing day I am feeling lighter. Thank you for sharing PT. I appreciate you.