Notices

Official Day 3 Check In

Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
AW, please understand that you are so much stronger than you realize. I know what's it like to deal with anxiety and panic attacks, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, but please don't let that stand in the way of attaining what you want. Every time you face your fears, they get more and more manageable.
Facing the fear head on makes a big difference aw. Rather than ruminating and catastrophising. You take back control. I know I deal with anxiety every day its a battle but drink makes it worse and lack of routine and isolating too, let people help you x

Face Everything And Rise
Old 09-17-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
IPM - there is a trend here that goes back over 1K posts, which I believe people are finding difficult to accept - though we should not project and I am as guilty as anyone.

AW - I am honestly not sure what you want. But perhaps we could help you with a plan if you are willing.

You posted you wanted to go into Detox - you said or another poster said there was an issue about being 72 hours sober, which you are now based on your posts. You also said you went to an ER and they could not help or admit you - what ER did you go to? My mother runs a trauma unit at one of the major Boston Hospitals so maybe I could call her and help you?

I see you have a job so you should have health insurance is this correct?

My question is pretty simple - what is it that you want?
To get sober; which I have determined I will do it on my own cause I got no support and am difficult to deal with .. Next counsling so I cna move out of her house ,,,
Old 09-17-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Facing the fear head on makes a big difference aw. Rather than ruminating and catastrophising. You take back control. I know I deal with anxiety every day its a battle but drink makes it worse and lack of routine and isolating too, let people help you x

Face Everything And Rise
No plans on drinking .. as for facing the fear .. That would put me in a public area where I might have an episode and then really be all alone .. When I went to the hospital I faced my fear My Ex dropped me off and sent me on my way .. Didn't come in to hold my hand or anything like I was use to .. I almost passed out then .. They had to give me oxygen .. People just don't know ...

AW
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
I moved up here cause I thought I had the strength to grow up beyond that perosn .. & I did for the first 2 years .. Then something "triggered" and things have been spiring since ..

August, that strength is not gone now, you're just trudging through a dark space. You can't lose what you gained in those 2 years. Hang in there, buddy. You can get through this to the other side.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
To get sober; which I have determined I will do it on my own cause I got no support and am difficult to deal with .. Next counsling so I cna move out of her house ,,,
AW - Good luck man...
Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You can do this if you want AW. That's all i have left to leave with you.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

As stupid as this sounds even this is starting to get to me An all of you are in my PC not even around me .. I feel pushed into a corner I can not get out of .. Logicaly I should say scxrew it and step away But there are a few who have had kind words .. I am sitting in the PC room; which was "My Room" crying over all that I am losing ..

Least my cats feel me .. Seems Baltimore might be my only recourse at this point .. & Even there I got nothing but Family that can't\won't help and friends that will wanna take me out to drown my sorrows ..
Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I haven't followed your posts too closely but I see you keep trying. You keep coming back here of your own accord. You need to change how you go about this and you know that. You remind me of another poster "justfor1". He got some flack for making excuses for his relapsing. I don't he thought of them as excuses to him they were barriers. Real problems between him and sobriety. Anyway I haven't seen him in awhile. Don't go back out. Stick around. Even though some of the comments seem harsh I think it really is a "tough love" situation.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

August, I feel terrible if my post about 'tough love' upset you or any other poster in any way. Think I'm going to follow in the footsteps of IM and sign out for a bit.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I plan to stick around; as long as I don't go back to baltimore.. I will be here.. My Ex just gave me some great suggestions to deal w\ the counseling BS so can try that tomorrow ..
Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Stay strong brother.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm back going to shower get kids to bed and be back again. Chin up August you're not alone!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I know; I am good .. Killed some zombies and all :p
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi August, I've been away a little while, have just got up to speed with this thread and I wanted to say, you are most definitely not alone. Even all the way over here in Australia I'm feeling your pain. Pain that I once felt myself.

My brain was on an endless loop of despair too, I cant, I don't deserve, I cant, I don't deserve, wash, rinse, repeat. I could barely leave my house, breaking out into a sweat, shaking constantly, anxiety through the roof, I thought everyone could physically see my pain, I felt exposed to the world and I didn't want to be. My mind on endless loop, if only, I cant, if only, I cant. I didn't drive, didn't work, didn't do anything, but fret and feel worthless.

So firstly I want to throw my arms around you and give you the biggest cyber hug there ever was, and I want to tell you that the life you seek is out there, it takes work, and effort, it will sometimes leave you feeling exhausted and a little lost, but you can do it. My DOC was pot at that time...and I know yours is alcohol, your what 4 days in? Give your brain some time to heal. You cant do everything at once, this isn't a sprint.

You've taken your first step, that is awesome, and even though you probably don't feel it, taking that first step makes you courageous.
Freshstart recommended a book to me it's called "the power of now" Eckhart Tolle, I don't know where your head is at re spirituality ect. I'm an Athiest, but this book speaks more to our thoughts, the way they effect us. And how to be free of them... (I haven't finished it). I've had many aha moments in reading it. It may be of some use to you too.

Anyway I just wanted to say I'm rooting for you. It's a lonely space to be in, but you need to remember you are not alone in this. We do care.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Black ops?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Nahhh just TorchLight II on steam :p I got sucked into one lonely night lol Thanx .. As much as I seem to not have done much; I have taken bigger steps now then in all my life and this has been exhausting then through all the other BS on my plate in I am just smothered for now ..Thanx
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm kinda out of ideas, so let's brainstorm. What's the 'magic bullet'? What can get you out of all your jams?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

a place to live dirty cheap lol It's not gonna happen until my red tape clears up .. I am only allowed to work 19 hours a week right now .. Can't even afford a Hotel room close to work
Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So that's your #1 fear, your ex kicks you out the door?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Pretty much b\c I only have 2 options Baltimore or the streets ..