Notices

Again...

Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Again...

Yes I'm back again, feel like a failure.. I tried to cut down drinking and go down one glass every night, ended up drinking even more. So now I've decided to just stop again, argued with my bf last night and we decide to split up.. I was drunk, and i told him how i felt, i was very rude. Im so ashamed of myself I hate being addicted, I dont want to be this person anymore but strong and independent.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey SS, you can be that woman, moderating doesn't work for most if us, I know I have tried, and failed miserably, sorry to hear about you and your bf, but sometimes something has to give to make us see it cant carry on how it was.... sending you strength & a hug xxx
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today can be a fresh start you not a failure it's the addiction none of us want this but it can get better.

Welcome back to sr xx
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sophia, you sy you were rude to bf but not that you regret what you said. If the relationship was wrong, perhaps you are better off on your own for now. You can focus on your prime aim of sobriety. I wish you all the best
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sophia, I'm sure you're feeling broken right now but all this can end! The stuff you said to your boyfriend may be fixable if you can show yourself and him the real you. I don't believe the old saying that when your drinking the tongue speaks the speaks the truth. I've said horrible things when drinking to my husband.... Then woke at 3 am crying trying to figure out what the hell I was thinking.

Today can change how your story ends! Stick close to SR. We are all here to help you with this!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you.. for all support... Funny enough I woke up 3 o clock thinking what the hell did i do that for... couldnt sleep, hes had enough of me which i understand.. Thank you.. I want to do this, I want to break up with the wine
Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sophia I was a die hard wine woman. Never thought we could seperate each other. The truth is wine needed me more than I needed it!!!!!! Please stay close with us, SR has kept me sober 5 and half months and today because if everyone here, I know I will never drink again.

All the wrongs that I put my husband through have been righted, now when I speak I only speak the truth. I don't think we ever had a real argument in the 8 years we were married because I was usually pretty toasty and could never get the words together.

Forgive yourself today and know that your future can be a great one here for ya
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You're not a failure, you're an alcoholic. Alcoholics drink, it's all we know how to do until we find a way to a better way of life. A combination of this message board and AA has been that path for me. Glad you found your way back in here and wishing you the best in your recovery!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You learned the "one glass" lesson. Took me a long time to figure that out. Welcome back and keep us posted. Don't beat yourself up. All you can do is take it a day at a time.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Sophiasunshine (I love that name!),
Welcome back though I'm sorry to hear you broke up with your boyfriend. ((hugs))

Just about everything gets better when we can stop drinking. Nothing good comes from drinking. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Nil. Zero.point.zero.

Thank you for reminding why I can't have one glass of wine at night.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi good morning everyone, thank you for replying me I am on day 2 now and I felt great, happy this morning when I woke up with no headache and a decent night sleep. Sun was shining and I feel so proud of my self.. I know two days nothing but that has always been the hardest step for me, trying to get my head around how I am going to stay off now.. Already been invited out for drinks this weekend and I will cancel.

I spoke to my boyfriend too, we had al ong talk yesterday and he says he wants to support me but I have to really try, really try this time to quit. But he doesnt understand why I can only have 1 glass sometimes?! I have booked appointment with a personal trainer and my goal now is to stay healthy, lose some of my "wine belly".... And in meanwhile I am thinking of looking up AA or find something I can concentrate on when the craving for alcohol comes in.... Hope everyone have a wonderful morning too xx
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No half measures

AA saved my life and marriage. Go to a meeting every day and do not drink in between meetings. You can do it!