Notices

Been driking sice friday

Old 09-17-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

KayeT,

Trust me, these are not scare tactics. It's just the honest truth about what can happen in withdrawals.

Scary is going into a withdrawal seizure while driving a car. It happened to me. I had no idea what it was, I thought I was dying. I was lucky enough to have a friend in the car who helped me pull over and called an ambulance. I spent hours in the ER getting stabilized.

I assure you it is much better to learn about this stuff and seek help than to be caught off guard like that. It's terrifying and extremely dangerous.

Everyone here is concerned for you and we are all coming from a place of love.

Stick with us, and you'll receive tons of support.

But again, withdrawals are no joke.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i'e been drinking wine not spirits
Old 09-17-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

As far as your body is concerned, alcohol is alcohol. You can just as easily have a seizure or stroke withdrawing from beer or wine as you can withdrawing from vodka.

We have no reason to lie to you or to try to scare you. We have experience with this issue, which is why we are here. We hope to stop others from going through some of the things we did. Please, PLEASE get some medical help.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome KayeT. A lot of good advice in this thread in particular and on these boards in general. No one is trying to scare you by suggesting you go see a doctor. It's just honest concern.

Whether you go to a doctor or not, wishing you the best in your recovery. A combination of these boards and AA and, most importantly, not taking that first drink or telling that first lie no matter what have been the answer for me since July 19 of this year.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thans for your advice but here in the uk we 'taper off' I don't want this on my medical records!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am from the UK KayeT. Medical records are confidential as i am sure you know. It may be the case that some people "taper off". Withdrawal from alcohol can be lethal though. I always think it is best to seek medical advice so you are safe.That is what i did anyway. Whatever you decide to do there is lots of support here. Be safe.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by KayeT View Post
Thans for your advice but here in the uk we 'taper off' I don't want this on my medical records!!!
Maybe in the "You Kaye," but I've never heard this before. Claiming alarm over confidential medical records falling into the public domain is a way many of us have used to avoid getting the help we need.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Even if you taper off (as I did before completely quitting drinking), you will suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

The real question here is "Do you WANT to be sober more than you want to be drunk?" Do you really want to quit drinking and will you do whatever it takes to get sober?

Don't let the fear of withdrawal paralyze you from quitting! Because I guarantee you, if you continue to drink, your body will suffer much more damage and agony than any withdrawal symptoms will!