Notices

Anyone read 7 weeks to sobriety?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone read 7 weeks to sobriety?

Was it helpful? I'm a big believer that alcoholism can be a result of poor nutrition and to be honest my drinking has actually been better in the past 5 years since I've improved my diet, but certainly hasn't cured me. When I was a teen and early twenties I was way more wreck less with alcohol than I am now. Is it just because I'm older now or is it because I've given up gluten, started on high quality supplements and have almost entirely eliminated artificial ingredients, eat 80% organic, and eat next to no processed foods? I don't know, I'd like to think its helped keep me from going off the deep end. I still believe I'm an addict but I wonder if this nutrition/vitamin concept will help make it easier to do!? I feel like this addiction is the only thing keeping me from being truly healthy. Everything else in my life is pretty healthy. It's this one thing!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, I havent read it

and it wouldnt apply to me. I am an alcoholic because I cannot control my drinking and it made my life a mess. Simple as...
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Poor nutrition had nothing to do with my alcoholism as I ate very healthy meals all washed down with booze.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Poor nutrition did not cause my alcoholism.

But my alcoholism caused my poor nutrition.

My alcoholism is my absolute inability to control, moderate or otherwise have anything to do with that substance. Alcohol is extremely dangerous for me. If I use, it negatively impacts every area of my thoughts, behavior, emotional and physical health, including nutrition.

The relief, gratitude and utter joy I feel knowing I never have to drink again makes understanding 'why' I'm an alcoholic irrelevant.

Best,
Melina
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Early in my disease, I did eat much healthier. But the more my alcoholism progressed, the less healthy I ate..actually, the less I ate..mostly drank my meals.

Since I quit drinking, however, I am now on a VERY healthy diet--no processed food, all organic, etc.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes I've read it. imo it is a waste of money. basically it says you have to take huge amounts of vitamins each day (and i mean huge) it's a sales ploy. don't waste your money.if you want a good book read rational recovery or allen carr easy way