Notices

48 hours... in the morning.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

48 hours... in the morning.

This past Sunday night, I had one (and my last) alcoholic beverage. Today was my first 24 hours sober in probably 10 years. This journey has been so enlightening. I don't know what's ahead, but I know I've invested way too much now to give up. I'm the one that's in control and will no longer be a slave to a 12oz can.

This morning, I went to work as usual, but without the hangover. I enjoyed a cup of coffee without the worry in the back of my head that I'm going to get dehydrated. Everything was clear, not foggy. I didn't spend the day hoping to "feel better by lunch"... what I referred to as "getting over the hump". There was no hill to climb today.

I've had a few withdrawals but I believe I let myself run away with it and make it worse than it was. I'm staying optimistic and keeping a clear head. Yes, it's day by day and here I am about to celebrate two days back to back. I am very grateful.

I know it's early in my recovery. Infantile even. But at this point I feel so much encouragement from here and from others to continue as I'm doing, I offer this to anyone new; Stay here. Visit often. Share often. Knowing that others just like you are here and want to help, is comforting.

Thank you to all who have helped me get to this point in my life. I will forever be indebted.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a nice post, Dogman! Welcome to SR!!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You tapered all the way down, nice, was wondering about you. Congrats on your first sober day!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We're at the same point! 48 hours in the am. early am