Notices

Official Day 2 Check In

Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Official Day 2 Check In

Now that all the hoopla has calmed down from my other posts. Not feeling too; thoughts rage through my head today .. Depression slowly eating me up from the inside .. Not even sure when I last ate .. Thursday maybe .. Just no desire .. But I see the Doc tomorrow, call counseling, and Ohhh yea get to go to a meeting w\ more then 2 people and I am petrified; to say the least .. As much as I know I need something\someone other then myself battling w\ me; I also know that going to a meeting in my state of distrust & dislike for them; isn't gonna help .. My friend has said, try to have an open mind .. Easy for him to say that sense he is not in my head and doesn't realize my hatred stems from 20+ years *sigh* ohhh well free coffee I will just deal ..

AW
Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Firstly I'm glad you are starting a new "clean" positive thread! Of course your scared and of course no one understands...... Do you let them in? Go to the meeting give it another try. Yesterday you were broken and probably grasping at any thing to keep your head above water. If your friend is going to AA is he a member? And if so you should probably be hanging with him more

There is no one way road to recovery the only thing that make the destination the same is the desire of the driver.

Btw your gonna be pretty tired at work tonight
Old 09-16-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's a good time to regroup AW. Make sure you follow through on the counseling - don't just call. No excuses this time,OK? You've already kind of backed out of the Detox plan you had at the ER yesterday, and you've already put off for another day what you said you would be doing today regarding counseling. You need to act now if you don't want this to spiral back down the drain again.

It's normal to be scared of course, we were all scared. I'm still scared now several months into sobriety. But being scared is a natural thing - it's your body getting ready to take action. When we drink we drown out all that natural fight or flight thinking and basically just make things worse. Do this for yourself, it's the only way.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was good Scott I was prepping for a tough love post
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure I put it off as much as they said they would call; so I am giving them a day and calling back .. No harm no fail .. B\c regardless of me calling or not; they see me as a # I don't have "real" insurance I have state aided and as we all know that is looked down apon .. But I am calling tomorrow first thing; well 8am .. Then find a gallon of coffee to keep up for my Doc. appoint for blood work and a Loooonnnngggg chat about my anxiety and my pain ...
Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AW, the detox I suggested takes state insurance without a second thought. Pm me if you'd like, I can even offer you my number to talk about it. I know how scary this seems; I've been there. Once you're in, it's far less scary.

<3
Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AW if you can get past the emotional stress of being around more than 2 people, try to just listen. You don't have to share. For me being able to relate, grounds me and reminds me of my own demons. This is why I go to meetings because in between my mind is convincing me of how I am not an alcoholic/addict and why it would be okay to have a drink.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Also, if you've been drinking a great deal, coffee probably isn't the best as it could elevate your heart rate, which isn't ideal at this point.

Sorry mods, this is just my experience.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Actually not that much ... But as for the coffee; I have to have it to get something done tomorrow .. that is the said part of working nights .. Can't make appointments at Midnight :p
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
AW if you can get past the emotional stress of being around more than 2 people, try to just listen.
THAT is the big if lol I can see me at the door about to hyperventilate already .. I almost fainted last night in the hospital cause My Ex dropped me off and didn't go in w\ me
Old 09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rooting for you AW. I hope you get what you need.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Here's another one rooting for you - we're on your side through it all.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. I just need a couple days foot hold and a counselor right now .. I am practically in tears every day\night I am not at work .. and even there sometimes ...