Notices

I Relaped

Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Relaped

And I think I'm ready, now.

I lost one job and have then been offered a partial management position at my other at Williams Sonoma.

This isn't rock bottom (again) but the joy in the drink isn't there. It's been gone for a while. I wasn't ready to stop last week. I am now. It's not worth it.

XO to you all for the support. I think I can finally so this.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hello alphabet, good to hear you feel ready, holding your cyber hand x
Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Alph, I am sending you a hug. I want sobriety for you. You are worth it.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
And I think I'm ready, now.

I lost one job and have then been offered a partial management position at my other at Williams Sonoma.

This isn't rock bottom (again) but the joy in the drink isn't there. It's been gone for a while. I wasn't ready to stop last week. I am now. It's not worth it.

XO to you all for the support. I think I can finally so this.
That's a great start Alphabet - now it's time to make a plan.

Having said that, you have to KNOW and WANT this, not just "think" you are ready. And if you don't think losing a job over drinking is a deep enough bottom, perhaps you aren't ready this week either. I hope you are but you are going to have to make a much more substantial commitment than your reply sounds to have. Not trying to scare you off, just telling the truth.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to be ready. It won't work if you aren't ready. I hope sobriety works out for you.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are ready to stop. By the end of my drinking i wasn't enjoying any aspect of it anymore. It was making me so miserable. Get a plan together for your recovery. Sobriety is so much better. You can do it Alpha. Rooting for you.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Luck, Alphabet. We are here for you.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Time to embrace a new life. Commitment to getting through the hard moments of sobriety..that's where the magic is.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel like a jerk to keep doing this to you guys. To my family, to my loved ones, my friends. I'm not happy when I drink, it's not fun or even relaxing anymore. I need to stop.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Alphabet, I am glad you are ready now. Go with that. When you make it to the sober side life is so much better. I am happy you are here with us. Hang in there and remember, you don't have to worry about anything but the first drink. Just don't drink it. That is the secret. Don't drink the first drink and you will never be drunk. LOL... Anyway, I am here for you . Hang with us.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are not doing anything to us. You are doing it to yourself Alphabet. We have all been right where you are. I'm sure the vast majority of us have woken up dozens of times wanting to quit but for one reason or another, couldn't muster it...until we could.

For me, I had to realize that my own opinion of myself and my actions was the most important one of all. I treated myself worse than I would ever treat anyone I cared about..the way I talked to myself, judged myself, criticized myself.

I did not mind myself. Would you entrust a small child to a drunk to look after? Nope. But somehow we figure we can get along looking after ourselves wasted..or blacked out? Geez Louise..isn't that ridiculous? How the heck can we get better when our leisure time is spent...drunk?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Living Sober book (and meetings) has helped me immensely. It takes all of the doubt and self-pity you feel about your condition and put it into logical perspective.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

image-1230267085.jpg