SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Messed up (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/307693-messed-up.html)

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 12:04 AM

Messed up

Got to three weeks. :( I guess I can't just go out.. these normally turn into 5 day binges but im goin to make sure this time it doesn't. I wish the AV was someone I can punch.

lorelei 09-16-2013 12:08 AM

Nothing takes away your 3 wks, learn from it and move on x

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 12:16 AM

thank u girl!!! kill September for us <3

MidnightBlue 09-16-2013 12:16 AM

Hi, there.

Dust yourself off and move forward. Maybe, make some plan to avoid the triggers and dangerous situations? Make your sobriety a priority now.

Best wishes to you and take care.

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 12:21 AM

ya I knew I shouldn't go but I was tired of being bored. and my AV won. Not anymore.

Mentium 09-16-2013 12:24 AM

All the best with getting back on! You are here which is good!

lorelei 09-16-2013 12:24 AM

I will honey x don't get down, slap that EAF (evil alcohol fairy) back where she belongs x

DoubleBarrel 09-16-2013 12:25 AM

You are learning to identify the AV which is great. It's a learning process. Don't be too hard on yourself. I went to a club last night and didn't even think about the booze, just seeing an old friends band.

It gets so much better. Hang in there.

MidnightBlue 09-16-2013 12:26 AM

Yes, AV goes wild when we are bored. Maybe, try to make a list of things to do when boredom hits you again - like going to the gym, etc. It's essential to keep yourself armed and prepared so AV can't catch you at a weak moment.

Keep posting - SR's been my sobriety saver in early recovery.

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 01:06 AM

sure does. I just know I can't go out OUT like that for a while again.

MidnightBlue 09-16-2013 01:09 AM

Keep your chin up - one day at a time)

raku 09-16-2013 01:15 AM

Hi, CuteNGayYay !
keep on keeping on ! AV can be very tough at times....just tell 'em to shut the h up !

hayley86 09-16-2013 01:24 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself about slipping up. Positive things i noticed in your post... you know you cant go out this early on into your sobriety. You are back here posting and are not going to let it turn into an extended binge. You now recognize when your av plays up. All important things to learn. You can get the 3 weeks back and build on them. Glad you are back here. :)

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 01:30 AM

Hayley thank u so much. I actually teared up. <3

Dee74 09-16-2013 01:33 AM

Hiya S

I had to change a lot of things (and people) in my life, but I still have fun and I'm never bored.

I think there's more options open to you than simply going out and getting drunk, or never going out and staying sober.

It comes down a lot to forward planning and a little thinking outside the box - if fun for you is hitting the clubs then maybe you need to develop an alternative idea of fun, at least for a while - no need to be a hermit tho?

what changes have you made to your life besides not drinking?

D

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 02:19 AM

Dee I know u recognize me from before haha but I've never came on here in the middle of a hangover/binge etc. I went out last night not expecting to drink at all. I didn't even overdo it. But my friend did. I just know that life can be so much better without alcohol.

raku 09-16-2013 02:36 AM

Staying sober requires constant awareness of feelings, thoughts, and attitudes. Avoiding people, places, and things that are negative. And focusing and the positive.

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 02:56 AM

I agree. I wasn't ready to be somewhere where bachelorette partys were. But it was ONE night. Im a binger not a daily.. for me to be here means a lot to myself.

lorelei 09-16-2013 03:06 AM

you have been doing brill CnG.
sometimes it gets us, right out of the blue, and if normally a slip would mean you would end up on a binge and yet today you are on day 1, that shows the progress you have made, I learned a lot from my 18 months sober, and from my subsequent slips, and I try and use that now to help me ignore my AV, cos I know its lying to me anyway.

have a good day and you will soon be back at 3 weeks sober and beyond. xx

CuteNGayYay 09-16-2013 03:21 AM

in the words of my irish cousin who visited us you are BRILLIANT LoreLei