SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   WTF! No alcohol (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/307650-wtf-no-alcohol.html)

SnoozyQ 09-15-2013 06:14 PM

WTF! No alcohol

Welcome to new me after a week of clean diet . OMG ! I do actually have some self control and discipline when i HAVE to. * faints *
Almost getting a death sentence does strange things to a person.
I actually have come to terms ( today anyhow) with the fact i cant drink or i WILL die.i have done 7 days of drinking nothing but green tea and water ( gag, pukes) bleghhhhh ..only green veg and fruit with etc! But amazingly i feel fantastic today, i think i have eliminated vast toxins.

Having said that , i am on day 8 and have come to my senses !

For brekky i just ate 2 nice home made pancakes topped with nutella ( chocolate spread) sliced bananas , and a dollop of strawberry ice cream, washed down with an iced coffee and half a block of chocolate.

Thank god my momentary week of being silly has expired and i am back to " decent' foods . ....

Now ...for lunch ....

Hmmmmm ..

:herewego :herewego :herewego

resolute50 09-15-2013 06:26 PM

Glad to hear you are doing well, Snoozy.
I bet the face looking back at you in the mirror will slowly look better as well.
No more stress.

phoebe64 09-15-2013 06:29 PM

I cheated on the diabetic diet this weekend myself! My girl's birthday party. Had a piece of cake and ice cream and got into the chips. Today's a new day. back on the low carb wagon. Sometimes I never remember which wagon I am on. Ugh.

Glad you have an appetite and are feeling better, though, Snoozy!

Gerbo 09-15-2013 06:30 PM

Don't know how popular it is in Australia, but you could make sweet tea. It's far easier to drink and it's pretty healthy for you (except the sugar part!). I'm obsessed with sweet tea and coffee (not in the same sitting!). Diets are hard to keep going, good luck.

ImperfectlyMe 09-15-2013 06:30 PM

Ohhhhj snooze you sound fabulous! Exactly how your doing it is the best way. 80% clean diet 20% cheat foods keeps you sain. I'm really looking forward to hear how your next labs go!!

Bravo for taking care of you!

LadyBlue0527 09-15-2013 06:32 PM

Glad to hear that you're feeling better SnoozyQ :)

jaynie04 09-15-2013 06:35 PM

Why do I always leave SR feeling hungry?:)

Eleni58 09-15-2013 06:45 PM

You go girl! Keep up the great work!

happyhour 09-15-2013 06:58 PM

nutella in my opinion is the ultimate food product.

joygirl 09-15-2013 08:45 PM

I agree with happyhour. Without nutella, I believe the world would stop spinning. I like to serve it with a spoon. Pancakes are good, too, I'm sure!

Take care Snoozy, let me know if I can help.

ImperfectlyMe 09-16-2013 03:25 AM

;) I eat it with a spoon. Shhhhhh

freshstart57 09-16-2013 04:09 AM

Nutella? My younger daughter is a fan, and bans it from our home now because every jar is the 'single serving size'. When elder daughter complained about the lack of nutella these days, she replied, 'Whaddya think this is, a crack house?'.

SnoozyQ, congratulations to you on your sobriety. And that sounds like Breakfast of Champions to me!

Spinach 09-16-2013 04:16 AM

Sounds like a good starter!
Glad to here you sounding on top form.
Love John.

Anna 09-16-2013 04:31 AM

Ice Cream naturally fits into any diet program. :)

phoebe64 09-16-2013 04:34 AM

I feel at such a loss. I have never tried Nutella. But...but...is it addictive? ;)

I really have never tried it! We do not do nuts in our home due to a child with allergies to them, but I somehow never had it before that either!

happyhour 09-16-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by rochele (Post 4183416)
I feel at such a loss. I have never tried Nutella. But...but...is it addictive? ;)

I really have never tried it! We do not do nuts in our home due to a child with allergies to them, but I somehow never had it before that either!

i think it has hazelnuts in it :( they call it the new superfood, better than chia seeds, macca powder, goji beans, wheat grass - it's also the ultimate anti-oxidant. they say it also adds years to your life :lmao

i use to be gluten free, now i am on nutella rich exclusive regimen.