Notices

Checking in

Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

It's been awhile since I posted and I didn't want anyone to wonder/worry so I'm just checking in. Still here, still sober. I think I'm on day 40 or something but I've stopped counting. I know I'll hit 60 days on October 1st.

Have had a couple of stressful days where I've felt a desire to drink but it has quickly passed. Got invited to go out dancing with friends last night and turned that down, I think that was the smart thing to do.

My main issue has been my anxiety, which is like a constant companion. I've been trying to meditate and go for walks. I was jogging but started having heart palpitations so I quit that. I have a Dr. appointment on Monday to address that. I've always had these palps but they were mild, only every once in awhile. It seems since I've quite drinking I get them nearly every day, several times a day. It's very concerning. Has anyone else had these? It feels like your heart skips a beat.

Anyway, my main concern at this point it just dealing with the anxiety and rebuilding my health. Drinking got me to this point and I can't imagine ever going back, it would never be worth it.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent work CB77. I too have anxiety, and I've developed a very serious meditation practice that has truly helped. Twice a day for 20 minutes, no matter what. I've put it ahead of everything else besides eating, sleeping and dressing ha. It's made all the difference in the world.

If you are interested you PM me.

Stay strong.