Notices

Need to find a Detox

Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Your possibilities are truly ENDLESS. You haven't been you for quite sometime I imagine. Your going to get you back. And begin to get back all that you have lost. I think your ex sounds like an amazing person who has been there to help you when you are helpless. Alanon might be a wise step for her to start a new beginning. I'm glad you spoke to your pops even when we are grown we need our parents approval support and love. Even if your a grown man youre still his boy . I really think you're on your way!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My thought is that rehab would be helpful, not strictly detox.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

AUGUST ;-) hello ,
Just remember

You are NOT alone , not EVER. In here.

There is ALWAYS someone here to talk to , you wont regret this , just stay focused .
Yes its bloody scary , for sure , but you CAN do this with OUR help

Hugz xxx

Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well I speak w\ my boss tomorrow as well and feel him out ..
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

AW jumping in here because i have been reading this thread and get where your at right now...

Do this get help go to detox then rehab whatever you can figure out.

I am here to tell you it is not horrible.. hard yes but helps you safely get better and then if you chose rehab makes you figure out your life.

My step mom came up to see me at rehab they talked to her about the program.. and she was like everyone drinkers or not should just go here to figure out how to deal with life.. True statement.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hmmm when I went to the ER - they sent me straight to the detox facility. Sorry you are being sent on a run-around. For the record - in detox you will have no phone, no contact with outside, nothing, maybe a phone call a day? Someone mentioned before detox is NOT recovery/counseling, it's more like a medical procedure. That's why I'm confused why they sent you home so quickly. The people in detox are excellent in helping you find the next step. For me I just couldn't take the confinement and control of rehab or even Intensive "out-patient", so after 3 days of detox (and 1 day ER) I opted for AA and bi-weekly psychiatric consults. There are tons of programs, and most of them have financial aid and assistance. Hang in there.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm pulling for you!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I will reiterate that where I went in Falmouth (Gosnold) was more than just a medical detox. They also have 30-day treatment there as well, and after your detox the concilors will place you in a program depending on what they think you need (outpatient, inpatient, etc).

While I was there in detox, it was only 5 days, but we didn't have time to sit around. It was group meetings, AA meetings at night, sessions about addiction, etc.

In my case, I needed a detox. I was having bad withdrawal symptoms.

There ARE a number of places around the city, however, that will just take patients in and give them the necessary medication and monitor their withdrawal. You will need help beyond this to STAY sober.

I took 30 days off from work on a medical leave, went to an outpatient program after detox, AA meetings, acupuncture, started eating right and exercising.

It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do... but the most rewarding, and I know if I hadn't I would not be here today.

You can do this!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Finding a detox

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
I am done; I am ready fir this ..
If you are a veteran go to your nearest VA hospital...or follow this link with your zip code...Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanx the clinic listed for my area is where my Doc is located :p So will be there tomorrow ..