Notices

Need to find a Detox

Old 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

August - I'm glad you're reaching out for more help. You know what you need. We are all with you & have been from the beginning. You're never alone. Life will be so much better and easier when you get free. We know you can do it.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Have no choice but to reach out .. My life has spiraled out of control
Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

This venture you are just embarking on is going to free you from this prison you have created for yourself. It's time to be true to August. If your ready to stop digging your own grave then you've got one of the hardest part conquered. Time to build your crack proof game plan. Use every person and resource at your disposal, that offers help.

Sometimes we need to be broken to become whole again. I'm glad to have " met" you. You've actually helped me more than you could know.

Smile
Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dear August, I'm sending you love and a hug. I'm so glad you are getting help.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Least I helped someone :p Counselor tomorrow AM .. then need to start thinking of rehabs that won't get in the Way of my SSI claim ...
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

The rehab intake/insurance people may be able to sort all of that out for you. Get honest with couselor tomorrow and beg for their help and assistance in figuring out this process. I think if you can do some solid sober time you will start to see the light again.

August when I was drinking I was sooooooo deeply down low emotionally if I hadn't had kids I'd surly not be here. Quitting drinking took the desperation and despair away. It wasn't always easy and I hung on until my fingers were bleeding. But I'm so lucky that I've succeeded and I want you go know how that feels! To feel success and happiness and pride in who you are.

Sorry so long winded you got me going
Old 09-15-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good luck AW. Big steps - we are all routing for you.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yea I liked my 70 days .. Wish I never went to my home town Just wish I had more support up here ..
Old 09-15-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
don't think it is the way; but need something ..
Few of us believe that whatever is necessary to get sober is "the way." We're very poor judges of what's good for us and what will make us happy while we're drinking. We insist that our alcohol-drenched minds will show us the way, no matter that our way never worked out for us. We also tend to believe that an abstinent mind that is tortured by untreated alcoholism will show us the way. We see it here every day. That's just the way things are.

Give yourself over to caring hands in treatment. It's called "surrender." You no longer need to prove to yourself that you can do this on your own.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
EndGame

Deleted by OP.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanx End .. I do thinking there is still hope for me .. Just need to see what options I have .. Detox doesn't seem like it is something I need to do but checking on other things as well..

AW
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

AW I am in boston. I did my detox down in Falmouth at Gosnold, part of Falmouth hospital almost two years ago. I have been sober since. The facility is clean and the staff were excellent. Most are in recovery themselves. I hope they can help. Faulkner hospital and Mclean are also right here in town. I had trouble finding a bed, but fortunately found one at Gosnold.

My first detox was at arbor hospital... Avoid them if you can.

Boston medical center has a program as part of their er where a social worker will help place you in a detox if you want to try them as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanx Dot ... Again not sure detox is the way to go; but I do need something .. My Boy is coming over tuesday to drag me to a meeting .. So that is a start and maybe he has some suggestions for me ..
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Detox doesn't seem like it is something I need to do but checking on other things as well..

AW
So less than 12 hours ago you gave up and needed detox, but now its not something you think you need to do. What magically changed between the ER and this evening?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Spoke w\ my father and he explained that detox is mainly to get you off alcohol after you been using awhile .. Least that was my understanding ,, But again nothing is written in stone .. Gonna talk to my buddy Tuesday and in the mean time looking into out patient services as well ..
Old 09-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Spoke w\ my father and he explained that detox is mainly to get you off alcohol after you been using awhile .. Least that was my understanding ,, But again nothing is written in stone .. Gonna talk to my buddy Tuesday and in the mean time looking into out patient services as well ..
Perhaps you should listen to your counselor tomorrow before making any plans. I don't think you fully understand the gravity of what's transpired today. Get some rest and be 100 percent honest tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Will be 100%; but no rest . I work tonight
Old 09-15-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well I guess I can get some rest after all.. My Ex banged me in sick after she dropped me off today at the hospital.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thank goodness I was going to say how the hell are you suppose to work tonight! Give your ex a hug, think she's got your best interest.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yea; especially after all I have dragged her through I do think Us is a possibility down the road ..