Notices

Updates and AA

Old 08-23-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Updates and AA

Hello again!.

Bittersweet feelings over here, in the last six weeks I've drank 3 times, it would be nice to say I've been sober for that long but since my last drink about two weeks ago I've been on a really good path. I've been to quite a few AA meetings and finally got my Big Book of AA (a gift from a girl at a meeting who I had just met... What a blessing she is) I love it so far, and I really love going to meetings. A lot of my drinking stems from being anti social and I really don't have many friends, especially here in ohio since I'm from California. Going to meetings feels like going to a fun social event where I'm not going to be judged and I look forward to them, I'm excited to go and get a cup of free coffee and even speak when the opportunity arises which is something I'd normally have a ton of anxiety about. I'm moving back to California on Thursday and although it's going to be a ton of stress trying to get things put together for us, I am on a mission to get a sponsor as soon as I get there and find some meetings that work for me.

Just wanted to check in. Hope all of you at doing well on your journey, feel free to share your progress/advice/stories etc.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Eliza!!

Don't worry about the past, it's done and dusted, we can only change the future, go at things again and you'll get there!!

Changing up your plan is important, meetings and a sponsor sound like a great way forward!!

Good luck on your move!! You can do this!!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eliza,

I hope your move goes smoothly and it sounds like you're doing well with your recovery.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news Eliza.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good stuff!