Notices

wasted time and money

Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wasted time and money

I went through an inpatient detox in May, came out and stayed sober for 6 weeks. Then I started drinking just a small amount here and there, and now I'm back to drinking every night again, although not as much as before. I feel like such a failure and that I wasted all that time and money to end up in the same habits all over again. I wasted not only my time, but the nurses, counselors, and doctors' time, and not only the $900.00 copay, but also my insurance company's money as well. When I was in there I was the only one who was there for the first time, and I remember saying that I couldn't understand how anyone could go through the indignity of it and then go back to drinking. Well, I did it and now I understand. I don't feel strong enough to get through today and tonight without drinking again, but I'm going to try to start day one again tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey scintillady ,
The best place for the drink is down the sink . I hope you choose sobrity sooner rather than later .
My blood pressure used to go up to 180/120 with a hangover i could have had a fatal stroke at anytime .

Be careful if your going back out , there was no comfort in drinking for me in the end just more of the same rubbish , hangovers , feeling sick , sweats , bloatedness, red eyes , wetting the bed/ passing out on the sofa .

Why wait for tommorow ? you're only putting off the enevitable . How long will the just one more day routine go on for ? for me it lasted 10 years , i hope you don't waste the same amount of your life

Bestwishes , m
Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Regret is a pointless waste of NOW, get started changing. Remember the things you learned, channel the feeling of freedom that being sober gave you, pour the booze out, and start again. You can do it!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, you did stay sober for six weeks and I'm sure you learned things about yourself in those weeks. And, I didn't go to treatment, but I suspect that, even if the treatment is good, it's all still up to you. So, if you can't afford to go back to treatment, hopefully you can get back on track with the support of SR.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It doesn't make much difference which method you choose to get sober, what matters is how badly you want it.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. I know I can do it again, just so many upheavals in my life right now I started self medicating again. Committed to trying again, don't want to be one of the repeat customers in detox.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice to see you today

, m