Notices

Ok some TRUTH NOW.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok raider I have same insurance on the back of your card there is a number customer support. Call them if not in use website, they will give you all your benefits and applicable rehabilitation options! Trust me your insurance has options!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Raider I understand not posting because you didn't want to be talked out of it. Once that decision is made its like trying to herd cats...pretty much impossible. You might need to go to some kind of rehab. Unfortunately, I doubt that Blue Cross will pay for it (I have the same insurance). There are a few other options, but they will involve sacrifice. I've said before that I moved into sober living for two months. But by the time I did, I was ready to do ANYTHING. I mentioned it a few days ago to a member in a similar situation, who acted like I suggested living in a ghetto. So I think it's about how far you are willing to go. I was at a Christian Sober Living house, had my own bedroom, loved the other women and it was $500 a month.

Your trip is planned, you're ready to go, so making a plan to use this as a sober trip is a good idea, but commit yourself to this, and leave no room for relapsing. If there is no alcohol for sale there, GREAT! Embrace it, use it, bring along some of the great recovery books listed on this site, and use it! I read a book that I actually thought was a great ass kicker by (don't laugh) Susan Powter. That's right, the bald fitness lady from the 1990's. I haven't seen it listed on SR, but I found it to be one of the most motivational recovery books I read. Excellent ideas and strategies for dealing with your AV, relapses, withdrawals. It called "Sober and Staying That Way". Something tells me that you might find this book really useful. I did, in fact, the only other time in my life that I got sober (for 3 years) it was the result of reading this book and nothing else, no Celebrate Recovery, no AA, no SR. I think if I had also used those tools, I would have maintained my sobriety for the last 12 years, not just the last 4.

I feel like I know you just from reading your posts, and I'm proud of you for being honest about your relapses. It's so hard to admit defeat when others are enjoying success. But it's the only way to get well, so keep it up. Keep rowing in the same direction...you may get blown off course, but persevere and you'll reach the shore sooner or later.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Raider ,
your honesty is refreshing and i'm sure will be of great benifit to your long term sobriety

You might be suffering what i've heard Robbyrobot refer to as addiction ambivalence.

From what i've seen it can be a real motivaltional leach , dishearteningly sucking away at any progress you've made .

People i know who've sufferd from it seem to find not counting days and taking it one day at a time useful , also maybe putting a calendear up and using red days and green days to chart progress.

I certainly chase the ambivalence away in my own mind and convince myself that sobriety is worthwhile , i believe it is, therfore i find choosing sobriety not all that difficult ..

I also believe that continued consistant sobriety is worthwhile as it gives our brains and bodies time to heal long term from this substance .

A depression i didn't know i had, i'd had it so long, lifted after 6 months of consistent sobriety. I attribute that to my brain slowly finding the right chemical ballance after the subtle effects of booze longterm .

Take care

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

With insurance, every plan is different, no matter if it is BCBS, my plan is different coverage then yours and than Longbeach. Do not presume it is not covered. Call and ask what options are covered for your specific plan. They are very helpful. I had to call for mental health issues with my 13 yo daughter. Depression, and expressing suicidal thoughts. They were very helpful, and continue to be, when I have to discuss bills.

I really do not think any of us should hazard a guess as to whether or not you are covered, and do not avoid calling and finding out because you fear not being covered. Just call, and ask. Number is on the back of the card.

I wish you well, Raider. I hope the trip is helpful. Maybe hubby can leave his alcohol at home? Or, maybe he can help you get to meetings?