Notices

Hello

Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi everyone,
I hope I have registered for the correct forum. I am not an alcoholic but was married to one. In fact I recently left him. Reading some of the posts about other partners of alcoholics and the things they do really struck home. Playing the victim. Dating right away. Continued drinking and denying it when challenged. I feel sorry for the new woman as she has no clue about who she is really dating. As my counsellor says that is her issue and to let it go. I am trying but it is difficult but one day at a time. it all seems very familiar territory and I am relieved in a way that what I am feeling is normal. I am sad and angry and have multiple emotions going on right now.
I know it will get better. Thanks for your positive postings
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're in a good place. I am sure there are several others on the site in similar circumstances and can shed some light for you. Opening up and sharing is a great & courageous step
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome DF. You will find tons of support and resources on this site. Have you checked out the Friends and Family Forum? You will find many others there whose lives have been affected by loving an alcoholic or addict.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Newcomers is a good place to post your introduction. We also have a friends and family forum you might be interested in.

You've come to a very supportive place.