Notices

The Friday Nights

Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Friday Nights

Well today my husband took the kids till next Friday and usually this is my GO time. I fretted about it all day (I'm on day 10 today). Have been almost sober a month with a couple one day slips but today is day 10 of straight no drinks. Weekends are the hardest. Last weekend I stayed sober as I had the kids and kept busy so needless to say this morning at 8:00 I was thinking well should I or shouldn't I. I texted my sponsor, told her of my struggles and decided to hit a 5;15 AA meeting before going home. Got home, walked the dog and leaving soon to hit an 8:00 meeting. Some may say overkill but that is what is keeping me from not drinking "today". I know I won't drink tonight and am pretty impressed with my choices.

I hope those struggling as I do on the weekends make it through sober.

Peace,
Melbell
Old 09-13-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Melbell...I am impressed with your choices too. You are putting roadblocks up to help with what you know is a difficult block of time for you. You are going to be so happy tomorrow morning!!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was pretty much going to say what Jaynie said. Very impressed with your choices as well!

We were both white knuckling it last Friday night. I caved on Saturday. Doing it better this weekend.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good going!!! Weekends were my time too. You know how on the "off nights" that your mind doesn't head in that direction like when it's your go time? That will increasingly become the norm for go tine too and you'll settle into your new mind frame. Sure there's thoughts here and there but they pass, and easily. That's a promise!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this! Keep in your mind the reasons why you decided to stop drinking in the first place. Think of how good you'll feel getting up tomorrow.